New catalin stem for 1911 Meer Cutty (yes another one)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
W
That is absolutely beautiful. I got your PM and I owe you an answer. Lovely job. Who made the pipe?
Well the mark in the case is nearly gone so I can’t tell what it once said. The silver band was at least made/mounted by Joseph Taylor of Birmingham in 1911. But I’m not sure if it’s contemporary to the pipe or was a later stem repair. Do you have any pipes with mountings by him? No hurry on the PM reply ;).8FB4CB12-4CEE-46C4-8459-F01D23EA2B0B.jpeg5F222B06-7716-4D61-8331-E8708E343A35.jpeg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Double headed eagle I think so probably the product of a Vienna pipe maker if I am not mistaken. The tap you are using is that BSF or Whitworth? Just curious since a lot of the turn of the century meerschaum stems seem to be in cycle thread for some unknown reason! In regards to Joseph Taylor let me have a root around as I tend to forget what I own - sort of 'Old Timers Disease' as they say!

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Double headed eagle I think so probably the product of a Vienna pipe maker if I am not mistaken. The tap you are using is that BSF or Whitworth? Just curious since a lot of the turn of the century meerschaum stems seem to be in cycle thread for some unknown reason! In regards to Joseph Taylor let me have a root around as I tend to forget what I own - sort of 'Old Timers Disease' as they say!
Whitworth🤔, no I sold my last triumph and gave they guy who bought it all my whitworth stuff, good riddance. It just 12/24 ASE. It was the closest thing I could find to a size up from original. I had to recut the threads in the mortise of the pipe because reaming the tenon out wiped em out. They were very fine, 34tpi which isn’t even a real thread pitch. 12/24 was a perfect for a resize without taking too much out, plus courser pitch will be less prone to over clocking when the next sucker gets this thing after I’m gone. I think you’re right about the double eagle, I can kinda see it now. Seller claimed it was an RBC (Reiss Bros USA) pipe. It clearly is not an RBC.47F433B8-8A40-4B41-B384-D6D5180E9D1D.jpeg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Not just figuratively better than new, but LITERALLY better than new.

Your work is getting morer impressiverer with every passing week.

(There's an ailing B-2 bomber over at Whiteman that no one has been able to figure out, rp. I think I'll send 'em your number. It's always fun when the Zoomies have to fall back on the Navy to get shit done right.)

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Triumph! I had a Tiger 90 as a run around. I am and have remained a Matchless and Brough devotee which is why I want to return to the U.K. Somewhere on here you will see a picture of me with my SS80 from 1936, I have also owned a 680 also known as the baby Brough, several Model X's and a GSLS. As to Triumphs the old models pre-Meridian Co-op were OK but the Harris re-iteration has probably saved the U.K motorcycle industry. Have you seen the new £50,000 French Brough? Interesting to say the least.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Not just figuratively better than new, but LITERALLY better than new.

Your work is getting morer impressiverer with every passing week.

(There's an ailing B-2 bomber over at Whiteman that no one has been able to figure out, rp. I think I'll send 'em your number. It's always fun when the Zoomies have to fall back on the Navy to get shit done right.)
Thanks George! B2, those things use runways… 🥱 Real planes use steam catapults;).

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Triumph! I had a Tiger 90 as a run around. I am and have remained a Matchless and Brough devotee which is why I want to return to the U.K. Somewhere on here you will see a picture of me with my SS80 from 1936, I have also owned a 680 also known as the baby Brough, several Model X's and a GSLS. As to Triumphs the old models pre-Meridian Co-op were OK but the Harris re-iteration has probably saved the U.K motorcycle industry. Have you seen the new £50,000 French Brough? Interesting to say the least.
An SS100 is my number two dream bike, a close second to a big tank Crocker. I was very close to buying a 65 G85 a while back but it was in pretty bad shape and I don’t need another project, I’ve been restoring a 39 Indian scout for several years now. I have a few XS650 (the Japanese Triumph :LOL:)and a couple of old CB360’s for the wife.

Reactions: gamzultovah