PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Craggy chunky funky.
Do you get Guinness on draught over there ?
I don't drink anymore, but the draught stuff was so creamy !
I’m in Oakland California in the USA and yeah there’s plenty of Guinness on tap, though I usually drink it at home. Six packs of bottles.
I dream of going to Ireland for a proper pub pint one fine day ?

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Well done on your new Castello.The Burley Flake #1 should come alive in that.Castello,and Italian artisans in general have the unique ability to combine two shapes into one pipe.
Closer to a Canadian(but not quite a Canadian) than a billiard by my eyes.Close to a Liverpool?,(but not really a Liverpool.)But you have the final call.You're the owner.Thanks for sharing.

North Pole piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2021
Rural, Manitoba Canada.
Finally arrived from Ireland, well, Italy via Ireland more accurately. My first Castello my first unfinished/natural pipe.
Size KK billiard, or is it a lovat?
Currently enjoying its first smoke, Burley Flake #1 ? with a nice cold Guinness.

View attachment 110003
View attachment 110004
I’ve been on the hunt for my first Castello too. That is a beautiful pipe man. I love their rusticated line. And the Guinness? Well played.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Well done on your new Castello.The Burley Flake #1 should come alive in that.Castello,and Italian artisans in general have the unique ability to combine two shapes into one pipe.
Closer to a Canadian(but not quite a Canadian) than a billiard by my eyes.Close to a Liverpool?,(but not really a Liverpool.)But you have the final call.You're the owner.Thanks for sharing.
Or........is it an extended shank #55?At any rate,a nice pipe.?

Reactions: yohanan

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA

Ah, good point! It was sold/described as a billiard, but the oval shank is longer than the stem which to me says Canadian but that's all just details, baby :col:

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Apparently a Canadian has a shank length roughly 2x bowl height, so this is not that, as this pipe's shank is actually a few mm shorter than 1x the bowl's height. It has an oval shank, and apparantly that means it can't be a lovat. It's just a billiard. A very nice billiard :)

It's not the 55, which has a more abstract, broken-jaw look to it.
002-386-3072.2433.jpg