PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
I finally fulfilled a lifelong desire this spring and got a Mercedes SL. The 550 SL with a V8. This car has a hard convertible top that folds up into the trunk without even touching it. Automatic transmission with paddles for manual shifting without a clutch. Extraordinary power and stability and just plain fun to drive with the top down. Thanks to everyone who bought pipes and tobacco from me last year, and to those guys who bought some cameras. It really helped pay for the car. Sorry I cannot post pictures.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I can't wait for the day that I can treat myself to a nice ride! Good for you!!
Right now we have a big 12 passenger van that we can't keep clean with small children, and I have a commuter 07 accord for the work grind.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I love it!!! Ya can't take it with ya so enjoy it now! Good for you Foggster...

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Congrats foggy. Does it have Dystronic auto driving? What year?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Not the actual car, but one for reference.
b3c6b0dee2bd1c6efe42c11b5ffc0f01.jpg

and here I am looking at Grand Caravans!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, that's fantastic. The roads around Woodstock are built for that baby.

I drove past there on the thruway a few weeks ago and wondered how you were getting along, so I'm glad to hear this update.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
That's a sweet looking ride. Love that German engineering. Congrats on your pick up! I hope you have a blast in that thing.
I've been having a major itch for a 1952 Ford F100... I can't get enough of looking at those beauties. Always said if I had enough money I'd buy 2. One that's as original as can be. The second fitted for the road and made out for my commuter. I love it that much.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can see foggy' flying along with the top down and his beard trailing in the wind. The Red Baron. I'll watch for him. That car could inspire wanderlust. However, I may have to look fast -- a lot of horses in that machine. Drive carefully!

Aug 14, 2012
The year is 2018, the color white. I do not know what dystronic is. This car came with the collision proof feature and something that keeps you in the lane, which I had disconnected. I did not pay for those. Wooden steering wheel with matching paneling and beige leather seats & interior. There is no spare tire. Instead it has bulletproof run flat tires. Love the car, but dislike all the computer and digital stuff, and have not bothered to figure out how the automatic parallel parking, massage seats and other features work. The GPS is a Germanic nightmare compared to the easy one on my Ford. I kept my Ford Explorer, which is also a great car, for winter, slippery roads and rough ground. We get a lot of snow here and the rear wheel drive Merc would have a problem with it, and this is mountain terrain. Sometimes I need the Ford's ground clearance. Both cars have a satellite radio and I am hooked on 1940s music, especially Bird, Basie, Calloway, Ellington.

Aug 14, 2012
Weezell: A good looking woman got in the car in a supermarket parking lot. I was supposed to ask for her number. I resisted. Honestly, married and too old to bother fooling around.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Nice ride, foggy. Congratulations!
My pipe and tobacco purchase from you paid for the fuse that covers the horn and turn signals.
Think of me if you ever have to change it. :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.