PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
havent tried them. I am not a big aromatic fan so I guess I never gave them a chance. Perhaps I will look at the new blends and see if anything excites me.

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
I have had them. I would skip the red sky, tastes like chemicals. The other two are pretty good smokes. Especially the Black Sea. It's a good non-aro.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I have some Captain Black White and don't mind it as a break from my favourite tobaccos. Of course Carter Hall so far is by far on the top of my list after buying a 14oz container.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
I just picked up a tin of Midnight Gold on Monday. Loved it right out of the tin. It's very similar to CBW. The cut is a little bigger and it seemed to burn just a little bit cleaner. The guy in the lounge area of the shop threw in an unsolicited compliment on the room note. I'm still a nivice pipe smoker and am not much use for real reviews yet, but if you like CBW, or almost like CBW, I'd recommend tryng it out. If you hate it, you van always send the rest to me. ;)

I've had the Red Sky. I only smoke one aromatic bowl a day, and I tend to do that for others, not myself, so the kids don't get to school smelling bad. However, when I tried Red Sky, I was very surprised. It did have a flavor that you could taste, not chemically at all, IMO. It was rather on the cherry bubblegum side of flavors, not one that you have to work for. It is a cherry that steps up to the plate, unlike any other aromatic that I've tried. ...if you like that sort of thing.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Captain Black is my "camping" blend. I've tried the regular (my favorite) and the lite blue. Around the campfire, both are an enjoyable smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.