Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I smoked both of the new C&D blends, Montford Point Marine, and the U.S.S. Mason at the Richmond Show.
C&D hit it out of the park on these two new ones. I love them both. They are each completely different from each other.
I got a tiny little buzz from Montford Point Marine, but I am a lightweight. This one was developed personally by Craig Tarlar and has Dark-fired Burley, Perique and Latakia. It packs a punch.
U.S.S. Mason was developed by Chris Tarlar. Since this is a tribute to the sailors, it is topped off with a sprinkle of Brandy Cognac to deliver a Navy-style flavor. It is delicious and doesn't bite at all. It tastes like the tin aroma too. Yum. It has Virginia's, Burley and a touch of Latakia and Perique.
I smoked them both right after one another in the last hours of the Richmond Show just relaxing in a chair and watching the crowds go by. It was a perfect end to the show.
I give Montford Point Marine, and the U.S.S. Mason my highest recommendation. They are in stock at your favorite retailers now.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Since I plan on living forever....I don't worry about all the new blends I haven't tried yet.
Plenty 'o time.
Yep.
Plenty 'o time.

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I did try the tobaccos at Richmond. They were not my cup of tea, however, I did like their Quiet Night blend and thought it was excellent. I came home with several tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.