PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
GQ have got 5 new blends in stock made by K&K under the brand name Chieftain.

'Chieftain is the new name for the for the British Pipe Tobacco scene. Following month of trial and testing with the blending team at Kohlhase and Kopp, the makers of Charatan, Ashton, Rattrays and Robert McConell pipe tobaccos; we set out to achieve traditional British Blends using only their highest quality tobaccos.'

They are:

Blacksmiths Blend
This full bodied English Mixture is carefully crafted for the experienced pipe smoker. In this artisanal blend Virginia and Turkish tobaccos are harmonised with Latakia and a touch of Perique to create a taste that is rich, spicy and satisfying.
Shipwrights Mixture
Imagine sailing on a calm water on a summers day. The Shipwrights is pleasantly smooth. A slightly nutty aromatic mixture, boasting flavours of maple, coconut and dark chocolate.

Stormy Skye
Aged in Whiskey barrels, a blend of Virginia and Burley Leaf mixed with a hint of black cavendish. A very smooth smoke, with a wonderful aroma of tropical fruits and hickory nuts. Perfect for a rainy day and a pint of IPA.

Roberts Mixture
A mixture composed of only the finest Virginia, Maryland and Burley tobaccos with a pinch of Latakia. The result is a noteworthy blend that is medium bodied, a perfect choice for these consulate gentleman.

Lazy Day Mixture
This glorious mixture of Cavendish, Virginia and Carolina Burley is an indulgent guilty pleasure and carries an irresistible aroma of vanilla, mango and exotic citrus.

I noticed the tin art of the Charatan blends (also made by K&K) is very similar.

Attachments

• cheiftains_shipwrights_mixture_pipe_tobacco__05485.1579877266.1280.1280.jpg
    cheiftains_shipwrights_mixture_pipe_tobacco__05485.1579877266.1280.1280.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: ron123

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
This is somehow a re-branding of Ashton's blends. The "consummate gentleman" is a fairly obvious jab. And isn't Blacksmith's Blend apparently re-branded Artisan's Blend?

I wonder what ever may have happened between the owners of the Ashton brand, Kolhass & Kopp, and the UK Government to warrant this?

Reactions: BROBS and Casual

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
This is somehow a re-branding of Ashton's blends. The "consummate gentleman" is a fairly obvious jab. And isn't Blacksmith's Blend apparently re-branded Artisan's Blend?

I wonder what ever may have happened between the owners of the Ashton brand, Kolhass & Kopp, and the UK Government to warrant this?
I was going to say isn’t the coconut one “smooth sailing”?
I think they are just rebranded Ashton as well.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I was going to say isn’t the coconut one “smooth sailing”?
I think they are just rebranded Ashton as well.
Right so I wonder what gives there. Did Ashton just unlicense K&K to use their name in the UK? Hmmmmm.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Turmeaus.co.uk got some new stock of Ashton tobacco about a week ago so I don't know that its been discontinued in the UK. Unless that's old stock or something?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Ashton was made by K&K so maybe just a rebranding of some kind?
Right so I wonder what gives there. Did Ashton just unlicense K&K to use their name in the UK? Hmmmmm.
Sure would seem that way or maybe Ashton is going byebye?

Status
Not open for further replies.