PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
Picked it up at a B&M over the Holidays.

It's real block, I trust the owner of the place. It also passed the "lick and stick" test... :D
Smokes nice, gonna be a keeper. Just wanted to try one out, didn't want fancy, at least just yet.

This thing is gonna be a daily for awhile to see how it turns out. I can tell some blends smoke better in it than others, never really saw that in a pipe before. I guess I thought it was an old wife's tail, see what you learn.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I thought this was a newborn named Mike or Maggie, and maybe cigars were in order. Never mind. Nice Meerschaum. I really like the simplicity; it should show off coloration well. Congrats.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
beautiful little meer. I really like the red color in the stem. Congrats and enjoy

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
My favorite blend in it so far is a local bulk blend. I will try a couple of my "name brand" tins and get back with you.
I will say I was not pleased with my beloved CH in it. I was really shocked, its my favorite in my cobs and even in my briars. But not in this little jewel. I'm not sure how that is going to work in the long haul, we shall see.

Jun 27, 2016
Nice! I like the look of the simpler meers just as much as the fancy ones. Last week I tried to buy a simple straight apple 9mm filter meer with some cool "dragon" scales carved in it, but Verified by Visa was not co-operating for some reason and I gave up. At the end of the day, I found a reason that I didn't want it anyway (scales carved into rim too, and the edges looked real thin), so I guess it was all for the better.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
All Meers are cool. If they aren't fancy they are elegant. You got an elegant one. It is sure to color beautifully and become a favorite. congrats!

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
That is a beautiful pipe. I am currently saving up for my first meer so please post many pics so that I can live vicariously through you. :D

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
You'll have to ditch Photobucket, it's not letting your pictures show.
I use firefox, I downloaded the "fix" that allowed photbucket pic's to show, I have 100's of them.

I heard Chrome had a similar fix.
I didn't know that others couldn't see them, I thought the fix allowed them to show-up for everyone else also.

cwarmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2017
Photobucket breaks the Internet. Scoundrels. At the risk of sounding vindictive, I hope it backfires on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.