PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I just had to show off this beauty. It's a 2011 Ashton, sandblasted with an ox blood finish, unmistakable an Ashton. As another member implied a while ago, this pipe will go up against a Dunhill any day. It has become my favorite pipe, it puffs and sips so well!
img_0540-600x275.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Lovely color. I only have one (sold another), but I really like Ashtons -- both the look and the solid, sturdy feel to them. Folks who get really wonky about airflow and whatnot won't always like them, but for a traditional, English pipe they're hard to beat.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Great looking pipe. I love the color; and the cumberland stem is a nice touch.
I'm smoking my LX pebble grain billiard now. Some issues with the draught hole, but, nonetheless, it smokes like a dream. I'm having some 965. Great stuff!

Dec 24, 2012
Gorgeous. I have a half dozen or so Ashtons and love them. Some folks bitch about the stem work, but I haven't experienced any issues so far

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
The pipe is a pebble grain sandblast. I didn't realize just how lovely the pipe was until I got it in the mailbox. I purchased it from Smoking Pipes.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Great looking Ashton. I have an Ashton Calabash and it is a good smoker. I also have a few Ferndowns that are great smokers. You may want to consider a Ferndown at a later date. Enjoy your new Ashton!

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Congrats sparrowhawk on the beautiful Ashton, hope it gives you years of flawless smoking enjoyment.

~Ron

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Great pipe, it's gotten me thinking up plans for that larger budget that always seems right around the corner and yet so far away... Enjoy your new Ashton, if it smokes half as well as it looks you definitely will!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
You're quite right, I should have not made that comparison. I suppose I did because Dunhills are so darned expensive. Not a legitimate excuse however; I would still leap at the chance for a Dunhill if I had the dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.