Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good selection. You'll like anything from Pease, in likelihood, and 965 is a classic.

jollyroger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2015
Wow jpmcwjr, the crawl looks like an absolutely wonderful way of getting acquainted with a vast variety of baccy.

Thanks a million for this reference.
All of this window shopping has gotten me greedy.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
MM965 is a good choice. I'm a Nightap man myself, but 965 has more sweetness. Btw although straight 1Q to me is like smoking hot air, it can sometimes be useful to salvage other less-than-pleasing blends. Try mixing teaspoonful to a tablespoonful of Lane 1Q in any of those others you just ordered if you don't care for them, or in the Solani flake or Macbaren VA, leave it set for a week, and see how you like it then.
Nothing could mitigate Peterson Irish or Captain Black, so those you may as well flush.

jollyroger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2015
First of all, thanks for that blending tip. It might very well come in handy.
straight 1Q to me is like smoking hot air
In what way? Flavor wise, or nicotine wise?

jollyroger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2015
Slightly off topic, however I was wondering, say you've found multiple brands you enjoy, do you smoke different tabbacos in the same pipe regularly, or do you own or strive to own a pipe for each regular tobacco brand you enjoy frequently?

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I have certain pipes that I only smoke aros in and 2 for english blends. I have a pipe that smokes flakes really well then a couple for the rest of the blends I smoke. Not really dedicated to a specific tobacco blend but to families of related blends/flavor profiles.

timpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Australia
My suggestion would be Dunhill Early Morning Pipe.

Nice rich complex flavour and smooth.
I smoke it in a rusticated fishtail Peterson 303 system pipe and both tobacco and pipe are a perfect match.
Cheers -Tim

critter

Lurker
Oct 5, 2015
I'm going to throw out C and D's Brair Fox. It's a tobacco I always keep on hand for friends who smoke cigarettes and want to try to smoke from a pipe. Never have had someone not like it, and it's a great for blending if you don't like it on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.