PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Windknot

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Corpus Christi, Texas
GM y'all,

Was going through a mixture of my grandfather and father's "pipe" stuff and came across these hollow tubes with metal ends. Pretty sure they're pipe related but I have no idea what they are. Can any of ya'll tell me what I'm looking at. Thanks.

Harris 1637764317404.jpeg

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
Looks like a Rope Cherrywood meerschaum lined poker shape pipe to me. I could be wrong. And some tampers. Didn't ever see meerschaum lined in a cherrywood before. But again, I could be wrong.

Windknot

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Corpus Christi, Texas
Looks like a Rope Cherrywood meerschaum lined poker shape pipe to me. I could be wrong. And some tampers. Didn't ever see meerschaum lined in a cherrywood before. But again, I could be wrong.
You're correct about the pipe. I collect those ugly old things. Saw a couple of unsmoked Ropp meerschaums and had to have them. I don't think those are tampers...they're pretty small.

Last edited:

Windknot

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Corpus Christi, Texas
Yeah, I picked up a pair. One is unsmoked and marked "Ropp Meerschaum" on the underside. As a Ropp guy, I had to have 'em.
I picked up a pair. Both are marked, "Ropp Meerschaum" and one is unsmoked. As a Ropp guy, I couldn't help myself. Fairly small as pipes go but unusual enough I wanted them.1637774482892.jpeg

Attachments

• 1637774345329.jpeg
    1637774345329.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1