PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Swampfox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
North Central Florida
Hello all. Picked this up today in a lot of pipes I bought for $15. There was also a Dr. Grabow Golden Duke, which is the reason I bought them. The pipe is stamped Amphora. I know it’s an Amphora pipe but nothing else. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.568445C7-F06F-4CC4-ABF1-B894D4A83FF4.jpeg3B2CD304-C5D1-4B53-B445-EE424E26FC36.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Does the stamp show the nation where this pipe was made? The current Amphora tobacco is made by Mac Baren, but I don't know if Amphora made it's own pipes or sourced them from another maker, and where they were made. Any clues on the stamping? That's a handsome sort of stack or chimney shape.

Swampfox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
North Central Florida
It is stamped Holland. I can read Amphora and Holland, the rest of it is illegible to my eyes. Also, I am no expert but the shape seemed unique to me. I would call an acorn? Appalachian nailed it. I just wonder how old it is? I like old things. It’s fun to wonder of what the backstory is to items that are probably older than me. It’s a fun game to play while say smoking a pipe!