PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've fallen in love with the entire 7 Seas line from Mac Baren and plan on getting them all in bulk and mostly smoking them with a few other blends thrown in from time to time. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to make a sticker of the tin art to put on top of the mason jars. Guess I could go old school and print out a picture and tape it on the jars, but I'm really looking to make another sticker of it.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Can't help you with tins that are painted, but anything with a sticky label can be made into a sticker. I just hold the tin lid over a candle so that the inside of the metal tin is about 2 to 3 inches away from the flame and get the lid good and warm. The decal then peels off very easily and the glue is warm and tacky. I just wrap it around the mason jar I am using for storage and voila, a labeled mason jar...tadaaaa.

Reactions: Osirus
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Unfortunately the blends I'm looking for aren't on the link. Might have to give ohin3's idea a shot. All of the 7 Seas tins just have a sticker over the lid. Thanks for the advice.

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
That is a great idea ohin. I have taken pictures of the tin art and printed them on photo glossy paper after sizing them on Gmip or a similar program.
:puffpipe:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
You are welcome lordofthepiperings. If the glue is not tacky enough or the corners peel up just get a can of spray adhesive and spray the back of the label and press it back in place. I suppose a glue stick would be less messy, but I have never tried it and don't know if it would be sticky enough.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I was reading up on the label site and if you hit the contact tab and send them a picture of any tobacco they will make the label. Pretty sweet.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Do you mean somthing like this?
img_0181-600x450.jpg

I have cut the lables from pouches and stuck it on the jars

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
"I've fallen in love with the entire 7 Seas line from Mac Baren"
Lordofthepiperings. Me to i love the stuff. Just got into it last week when i got an ounce of each blend. Hanymamdouh that looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.