PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamkazam

Lurker
Nov 26, 2012
Been really enjoying Blue Mountain and am looking to expand on other tobaccos that have a similar taste profile. Any suggestions?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I second the Three Oaks Syrian. Really nice blend which is smoother, but complex enough to keep you interested.
-Jason

teamkazam

Lurker
Nov 26, 2012
I tried the Black House and felt it lacked taste. However, I bought it as bulk and when arrived it felt rather dry. I will try and rehydrate it and see if that helps. I'll definitely order some Three Oaks. You guys are awesome! Thanks for the help. :eek:)

teamkazam

Lurker
Nov 26, 2012
K... Thanks -Don't want to burn the tongue. Might try a couple more bowls and trade it off it it doesn't come around.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
OK You definitely need to try Magnum Opus from Hearth & Home. More complex than Black House in my opinion.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I too have enjoyed Blue Mountain. You may want to try McClelland's Wilderness or Legends. Both fine tobaccos and even though both of these are nothing like Blue Mountain I would submit that they are distant cousins, once removed.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Smoker's Haven Exotique is similar (I think). Great tobacco (if you can find it).
Jason

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Try H&H Ambassador blend. Had a bowl the other night and it was very good. Never had Blue Mountain so I can't compare.

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
I am finding this thread pretty interesting, although I am going the other way. I have tried Black House and it is growing on me. Now I want to try Blue Mountain and see how I feel about it.
:)

rev413

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2013
Im in that same boat chakaraka. I was going to order some from P&C but they were out :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.