PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I'm kind of still awaiting a near-life experience. Most events today do not seem real anymore.
I have smoked some blends that may have brought on a N-D Experience, though, or close to it.

mainman341

Lurker
Aug 18, 2014
When my Dad went to the otherly world we gathered around his bed while he was in decline.

I said a few things to him and I told him that everything that needed to be said had been said

which was true, We each said our goodbye to him and I wished him a good journey.

I wanted him to pass and not prolong it any further. I think there is a time of choice to pass

if one is lucky enough to go that way. While we started speaking his breathing stalled momentarily almost as if

he was paying hard attention to what we had to say.

His heart slowed stopped within 30 seconds after we said our words and off he went.

Ive seen a fair number of people pass but it was in a more impersonal capacity because I was

in healthcare for a good while.
To me the fact that someone is allowed that kind of control and closure in death in this case

is evidence for a designed transition...

I wont go into my beliefs more than that..but that was an indelible experience.

Aug 14, 2012
Woodsroad: I had two of them in the hospital in 1996. I agree with you, it was a wonderful experience. Never felt so good. A doctor, not mine, was walking past my bed and he started screaming "he is turning blue" and shook and slapped me until I came back. I was very annoyed that my beautiful trip had been ruined. The next weekend the same thing happened again. A head nurse brought me back. At that point I decided to stay alive for a while and started co-operating with the medical staff. I had double pneumonia. The nurses were supposed to suction my lungs every 4 hours or so. I would not let them do it because most of them did not do it right (NYU hospital) and when they poked the inside of your lungs with the sharp end of the tube it was really painful. I got after the ones who did know how to do it and made them do it on schedule. I was out of there in a few more weeks. The result of these experiences was, as you expressed, no more fear of death.

Six: Great subject.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks Foggy for sharing (and good to see you here again - wondered where you went).
The result of these experiences was, as you expressed, no more fear of death.
+1

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Just watched this NDE that features Clint Walker the movie actor who was in many westerns, and The Dirty Dozen, among other roles and I thought I'd share it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFUYaEIMhIk

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
" I was very annoyed that my beautiful trip had been ruined."
Foggy, my mom still tells me (She's 89) how I was so very quiet on the ride home from the lake that afternoon. Yeah, I tell her, I was pissed that I didn't get to keep heading down the road that I was on......

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
One Saturday morning, I was sleeping late and began having dreams of bright, pale, pastel light. Turquoise, yellow, pink, orange... I came awake and found myself hovering about six inches from the ceiling. I was filled with an ineffable joy. Once I became aware, I found myself being drawn inexorably downward, slowly, back to my body. After a moment of darkness, I awoke. I was ecstatic, the rest of the weekend. I've not had any experiences since.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
2006, Army special operations training - live grenade was thrown and went off about ten feet from me. Luckily I was in a bit of a fox hole already and hit the deck in a hurry, and I had hearing protection on at the time as well. Hearing still isn't the best, but it's acceptable. Person responsible for that grenade was dishonorably discharged.
2007, I was in an amateur mixed martial arts league, kind of a scozzy underground SOCOM thing that we enjoyed in our spare time. Not unlike "Fight Club" but with trained killers, though honorable ones. I was 19 and had made it to the championship bout against a frog man - a lifer Navy SEAL who had just retired out of the SEAL teams. He was still working as a government contractor in the middle east at times for one of those Blackwater-esque mercenary companies. He had studied Jack Dempsey, Champ Thomas, etc extensively. I outweighed him by nearly a hundred pounds - he still hit me hard enough where most of my left eyebrow today is one giant scar, and I lost consciousness for a good while. He was an exceptionally technical and proficient fighter in all respects, and made of iron. Heard he was hit by a mortar round not too long ago, but is alive and still working for the government - just not as pretty looking.
2010, I was climbing a mountain in the White Mountain National Forest in Maine with some friends. We used to do this every year, often in Montana, usually nothing severe enough to require any form of ropes, etc. Make the climb and then do a little casual camping for a week. This year someone picked a bloody terrible mountain. We always stayed in pairs for safety. A two hour long climb turned into a ten hour long ordeal. Two twisted ankles, rattlesnakes, given wormy parasite infected water (was told this after drinking it, and then handed a bottle of Jack Daniels to help kill the worms), resulting dehydration, while carrying about 80 pounds of gear per person. Incredibly steep angle of ascent with gigantic boulders, loose rocky terrain, streams to cross. Making it to the top felt like I had somehow escaped the grim reaper. Later the next day, drinking several bottles of Scotch and nearly literally falling off the mountain...
2012, blacksmithing - some kind of impurity in the coal I suspect caused a huge flare up to the fire, which was being force fed plenty of extra oxygen by a hand cranked billows system. I was briefly on fire. No real injury - just scorched eyebrows and beard. The railroad spike steel I was smithing into a tomahawk literally was burnt up from the temperature - practically nothing left.
I pretty much keep it mellow these days.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I had an experiance very much like Frankenstein's except I was able to exit my room and move several blocks away to visit a friend of mine. I wanted to show him what I could do. I vividly remember floating at the same level as the traffic lights at the intersection. I had never seen one from that angle and stopped briefly to examine it. After continuing on and entering my friend's room I was very disappointed to find him asleep. Couldn't wake him up.
When I returned to my house I went into the room where my brothers were sleeping but I wasn't able to awaken them either. I went back into my own room, observed myself sleeping on the bed and sort of fell into my body. I've never had an experiance like that again. This wasn't a dream. I remember it just like I remember going to school the next morning, telling everyone about it and being called crazy.

Jun 4, 2014
It will be 6 years ago on Thanksgiving Day that I was in an explosion. I was the attack team leader in a building that housed a Candy Store, Chinese Restaurant and Italian Restaurant. My team made entry into the Candy Store and proceeded to attack the fire. During our attack we had an enormous flare up that pushed us flat on the floor. Next thing that happened was the emergency evacuation signal was given. We had to free ourselves from the drop ceiling grid and wires that fell on us. I was the last out of the building, when I got out all the doors had been blow off all the windows where blow out and the building was full involved. The utilities had been secured prior to our making entry, so we ruled out a gas explosion. What had happened was a compartmentalized backdraft, the building had been added on to and remodeled several times, the smoke backed up in these void spaces until it reached ignition temperature and then BOOM!
We didn't realize how lucky we were until we saw a video taken by one of our members. From the video you see a smoke change do to our attack, next is a big puff of baby poop green smoke and then a fireball. In the video you can see the building lift up off the foundation and comeback down. There were total of 11 firefighters in the building when it occurred, we all came out unhurt. I thank the big Chief for keeping us all safe that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.