PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
EDIT : Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

i'm too shy to go to meetings. and i'm freaking boring on top. not to mention i can't talk and smokd pipes at the same time. so.. who's in nc? near durham, raleigh, chaple hill area?

Last edited by a moderator:

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
Raleigh here! more near the wake forest side. im in the same boat. would love to meet some local pipe smokers and enjoy a pipe together sometime. been meaning to attend a TAPS meeting but they are all the way out in Apex and thats a hike just to smoke a pipe.

Reactions: twofocused

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can't even get to the men's pancake breakfast at church, but I like to know what's going on anyway. In Raleigh. I'm with bullet in the too shy to go to meetings category.

twofocused

Lurker
Dec 18, 2019
Raleigh here! more near the wake forest side. im in the same boat. would love to meet some local pipe smokers and enjoy a pipe together sometime. been meaning to attend a TAPS meeting but they are all the way out in Apex and thats a hike just to smoke a pipe.
I’m in the Clayton area and frequent Wake Forest a bit. What is this TAPS you speak of?

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
I live 30 minutes north of Raleigh but rarely miss a TAPS meeting. (Website Welcome to Triangle Area Pipe Smokers - https://tapsclub.us/.) We’ve met at the Apex Cigar Lounge a few times, but it can change every month. A couple months ago we met at a brewery in Durham.

Nice bunch of guys ranging in age from mid-20s to codger. The very talented artisan carver David S. Huber, who happens to be one of the friendliest, never misses a meeting. I’m an extra-extrovert, but often spend most of the three hours quietly soaking in the pipe and guy talk, only occasionally pitching in. I think even you wallflower types would be comfortable. I know for a fact you’d be welcome—and welcomed.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
All the way down in the Southeast tip in Southport. About 25 mins away from Low Country Pipe - Smokingpipes.com brick & mortar site. If you ever make the pilgrimage, look me up! I’ll meet you there, and I talk enough for 3 people, so you can smoke and be shy all you want ?

Status
Not open for further replies.