PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thoughts?
I DVR'd it Friday night and just watched it this morning. I thought it was done pretty well. The writing seemed promising and the cast seemed pretty good as well. I like that they didn't set it into modern times. Sherlock is good and Sleepy Hollow is good, but after those two another period piece moved to modern day would seem a bit tired. I'll definitely be DVRing the next episode.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I watched it on Hulu the other day. I was entertained. I like Sleepy Hollow though.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
To predictable, won't make the half season cut. A shame I like period series, problem is it will run out of steam fast. They rushed and set-up everything right off the bat making a good first show then it sludge's it's way through episodes running them out. Sleepy Hollow looks good, but may suffer the same fate. Remember about %25 of the shows get canceled after 6 shows, some already have fallen. No mercy, it's all about the ad bucks.
Craig

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I thought it was pretty good, not as good as The Black List, but I was entertained. For network TV it was pretty good as I do not expect much from the networks. HBO, Showtime and Starz have spoiled me in terms of the series I enjoy. Now if they had gratuitous sex and filthy language it would have been much better.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Someday I'd like to see a production more closely following Bran Stoker's novel. In the book women don't faint when Dracula gets close to them because he's sexy. It's because he smells like corrupted dead flesh!

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
+1 tuold - vampires are un-dead demons deserving of the everlasting fire! To paraphrase G. K. Chesterton, the old stories were about normal figures in unusual circumstances. The post-modern story is about an unusual figure in normal circumstances. Once upon a time, the knight fought the monster and we cheered for the knight. Now, the monster eats the knight and we cheer for the monster.
Who am I supposed to cheer for in Dracula? Everyone is reprehensible.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
They are powerful beyond their moral compass and they live off other peoples' blood. Let me see, celebrities?

Status
Not open for further replies.