PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
American spirit cigarettes are the best quality you can buy, I still enjoy one or two with coffee in the morning. As far as pipe tobacco? No it's RYO cigarette tobacco but you will not find a better tasting cigarette tobacco.
As everything , it depends on your taste. I think that there are many better tasting cigarette tobacco.

Reactions: dcon

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
I have put that exact tobacco in a pipe and smoked it. The flavour is pretty good and uncomplicated of course. It’s different in a pipe when tasted as opposed to inhaled. I think the inhaling part ruins all flavour of tobacco.

I still buy a brand called CNT Organic RYO here in Canada and it tastes excellent in a pipe. It’s some kind of straight Virginia and since it’s a shag cut I pack it as tight as I can while still getting a draw just like Five Brothers. It’s quite an enjoyable smoke and readily available here where the selection is about a dozen blends most of which are aromatics.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
American spirit rocks. Back when I was a student (and a cig smoker) it's all I used to smoke. I'm getting cravings just looking at it.
me too. Rolled it by hand and fun side note a person sees you roll perfect cig out of that stuff they might just invite you to make and share a cigarette with the stuff they brought to the party. :)

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
Dear colleagues, any experience in regards to this claimed to be a pure Native American pipe tobacco without additives?
Thanks for sharing, I am wondering if it is a good one to try.

View attachment 309400
I'll be honest, I don't smoke cigarettes often but when I do, I only smoke American Spirits Blue and Black. Supposedly they have perique in them and I find them to be extremely flavorful, so much so that I sometimes just draw in with my mouth and don't inhale, just so I can get the full flavor.

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
That amazes me to hear about, thank you! But is t that so that pipe tobaccos are more pure and safe from chemicals?
I think there is an episode of the Pipes Magazine Radio Show that talks about the difference between RYO and cigarette tobacco.

I can only speak to what we have in Canada and those are conventional cigarette loose tobacco (my local tobacconist says the companies may stop producing this here soon) and what would be considered RYO.

The only natural RYO that exist in this country to my knowledge are CNT Natural and CNT Organic and Northfield Organic. These are processed similar to pipe tobacco and without additives so I imagine even less processed than the average pipe tobacco.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Good Lord. Can you imagine how dangerous that could be? Imagine if a child fell into even a 2"layer of it in a bucket.
Why do you think there’s this big interest again in space travel? We gonna need a new planet, that’s why! The government has found Dihydrogen Monoxide in the deepest water wells ever drilled. There’s no place on Earth it hasn’t creeped!

epazikas

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
Why do you think there’s this big interest again in space travel? We gonna need a new planet, that’s why! The government has found Dihydrogen Monoxide in the deepest water wells ever drilled. There’s no place on Earth it hasn’t creeped!
I think there is too much ”excuses” for forbidden this or that. One can not trust our governments and our scientists these days. It is the same story about electric cars being ecological….come on.… ecological? look at the disasters these battery industries are causing…add to that that if these cars aimed to be ecologically correct, they wouldn’t be build for the rich people mostly and cost so much.
The very same comes to vegan philosophy and now with tobacco.
There is a HUGE political and financial game behind the scenes.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I think there is too much ”excuses” for forbidden this or that. One can not trust our governments and our scientists these days. It is the same story about electric cars being ecological….come on.… ecological? look at the disasters these battery industries are causing…add to that that if these cars aimed to be ecologically correct, they wouldn’t be build for the rich people mostly and cost so much.
The very same comes to vegan philosophy and now with tobacco.
There is a HUGE political and financial game behind the scenes.
Don’t you realize the imminent threat here? Dihydrogen Monoxide kills thousands of people every year. Fact. But because it’s used extensively by the military, the government continues to ignore the problem, even piping into people’s homes.

This is worse than fluoride and Chia Pets put together!