PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Well as it's been said, "There's a pair to draw to!"
Look forward to future creations Nate.
Just took a quick look at your site Cliff, any previews of the illustrations using that pipe soon?

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I appreciate the look of that pipe and would definitely smoke it. I think it is a masterpiece.
Steampunk is strangely appealing. I like copper and wood. Here is a keyboard someone "steampunked":
steampunk-keyboard+1.jpg

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
@ Nate, that is a great looking pipe, but as many said not sure if I'd smoke it or not, great work of art...and if you did not know YOU GOT SKILLS! :worship:

sideache

Lurker
Dec 6, 2011
SoCal
Just took a quick look at your site Cliff, any previews of the illustrations using that pipe soon?
I have a few illustrations to finish then I will be getting on it. Hopefully next week some time.

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
I want that keyboard!
+1!! Nice! I have seen the 'step-by-step' instructions to make it, looks time consuming :)
Thanks Yuri66, I appreciate your comments!
I too can't wait to see the illustrations!!! Wo0t! :D

sideache

Lurker
Dec 6, 2011
SoCal
I had time to sit down this afternoon and enjoy my new acquisition. The inaugural smoke was excellent. Nice and smooth. It sits on the chin nicely once I found the sweet spot. The rusticated upper bands are perfect for my thumb while holding the pipe in hand. It is bulky, as it should be for steampunk, and yet is remarkably lighter than I would have imagined. The pictures don't do the grain justice. I will give it a couple of days rest and give it another go. On Sunday at my Chestertonians meeting, it will be brought out for all to envy. :) This is a themed pipe, but no novelty, the craftsmanship on this bad-boy is seriously outstanding!
MANY THANKS NATE! Your work is outstanding.
The inaugural puff of the Nate King Masterpiece

CliffGearpunkPipe01.jpg

A better shot of the pipe.

CliffGearpunkPipe02.jpg

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
If you guys could see me it'd be one of the few times I'd ever consider putting some rouge on my face...just to hide the green I'm turning. Beautiful work of art and art that works you've got in your jaw friend. :D

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
That pipe fits you to a 'T' Sideache!! Really glad you are enjoying it!! :D

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
I am happy to note this pipe won the Design Award on the German Pipemakers Forum (Pfeifenmacher) and is now in the running with about 30 other pipes for Pipe of the Year!! :)
201112_des_01.jpg

oakbear

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2011
UK
I love it, it'd be a well deserved winner i reckon.

I'm having serious piep envy now!

Any plans to make more in a similar theme?

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
I love it, it'd be a well deserved winner i reckon.

I'm having serious piep envy now!

Any plans to make more in a similar theme?
Not sure of rules on here, so see your Private Messages ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.