PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I can appreciate the craftsmanship, but the aesthetic does not appeal to me. I'm not really on board with the whole steam punk Ideal either so the whole concept is just not for me.

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
Hey everyone! Nate here, and thanks for the comments! I appreciate both for and against, as noted, different strokes. This was a commissioned pipe to fit a theme for an upcoming book. So, it is understood if some/many don't like it, it was made to fill a very narrow role. I think everyone noted they appreciated the craftsmanship, even if they didn't like it for themselves; and that I appreciate. This was a very complex form to execute and I questioned my thinking during the pipe making process, but I think the result is quite nice and it's owner will be extremely happy! And he will be smoking it! :D The balance and comfort are surprising with this one. Built as a chin-rester, it is on the heavy side (3.9oz.) but it's actually not distracting. At least to me, we'll see what the owner has to say! Again, thanks all!!

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
Cheers Nate. You are a talented wood worker.
Thanks! And for the record, it is not self smoking or cleaning! It doesn't require any oil or lubrication either. It does however like to combust a choice tobacco leaf! :D

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I never really understood the steampunk thing but that is an amazing example of craftmanship! Does it have a metal bowl insert or is that just a ring of some sort at the top of the chamber?
EDIT-I see what it is now,went to your site.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Steam punk isnt my thing, but that pipe...is friggin cool as hell. I would buy it if i had the dough, and i would most definitely smoke it. not sure the use of a pipe that you cant smoke IMHO

sideache

Lurker
Dec 6, 2011
SoCal
Many thanks to Nate for my new pipe. The real owner (me) and the fictitious owner (main character for a movie pitch) will both enjoy the pipe. :) I'm an illustrator in the entertainment industry and Nate offered to design a steampunk pipe for one of the primary characters. I couldn't be more pleased with it's unique design. Nate makes some great stuff. I hope one of my illustrations for the pitch will do it justice.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
One cool pipe, and two new members.

They both got their avatars to show up on day one ! :clap:

Welcome aboard Cliff and Nate, hope you'll both hang around awhile.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
I do hope you're open for commissions Nate, because one day I may try to appeal to those talented hands of yours. If you couldn't tell by now I am quite taken by your design sense. :D
Also about as jealous as I can get of your fortune to have such a work of art Sideache.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
That pipe is raw power. It looks like you should be smoking coal out of the thing!
A fine Masterpiece indeed.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
For a guy who likes billiards the best I have to say that pipe IS AWESOME! I love the steam punk style! We need more steam punk pipes.

sideache

Lurker
Dec 6, 2011
SoCal
It's actually one word - Steampunk
There is also Cyberpunk - Blade Runner genre
And Dieselpunk - WW2 genre fantasy

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
Good to see you sideache! Thanks to everyone for their comments! And fear not hauntedmyst, this will not me my last steampunk pipe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.