PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've been a fan of Nate's work for awhile and I finally got to meet him face to face at the NASPC show this past August. He and his fellow Hoosier Wayne Teipen shared a table behind mine, so we were able to talk pipes for most of the day. Since I recently posted some photos of the pipe I got from Wayne, I figured it was only fair to post the pipe I got from Nate.
He calls it "Rouge et Noir" ("Red and Black"), but I call it the Starship Enterprise because its sleek lines and sense of forward motion. Though the first thing you notice is the saucer-shaped bowl, I think the stemwork is what makes this a truly great pipe. It's thin and comfortable but not flimsy. Everything balances so well, which is not an easy thing to do with a pipe of this shape.
It's probably a group 4 bowl size, the tenon and mortice fit flush and it smokes as well as one would expect of a hand made artisan pipe; which is to say perfectly.
NateKing17.jpg

NateKing18.jpg

NateKing21.jpg

NateKing15.jpg

NateKing11.jpg

NateKing13.jpg

NateKing08.jpg

Check out his other work at natekingpipes.com

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Big van, I like your style Sir. That is a piece of art. Enjoy!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Looking at these pictures, I realize that I REALLY need to clean my poker table.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
bigvan, you are killing me. I love that pipe, Enterprise is the perfect analogy. Now I have to add him to my list. That stem is gorgeous and it does look extremely comfortable, great button design. The birdseye is killer and the blast looks great as well. That is one of the coolest looking pipes I have seen in a while.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
No log cabin, Shawn. My basement den is finished in pine paneling which the wife hates but I love and refuse to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.