PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare0matic

Lurker
Jul 4, 2012
Hi all,
First time poster. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they know about Nat Sherman 314. Of course their website is of little use, but I am having a hard time finding any information about this blend whatsoever. Where is it made, where can it be purchased, etc.
Of similar use would be any recommendations for comparable blends. But it's going to be hard to top the Sherm...
If there is already a posting dedicated to this topic, please feel free to guide me towards it.
Thank you for the help!

dare0matic

Lurker
Jul 4, 2012
Thank you for the warm welcome!
A friend of mine was able to procure a somewhat large quantity of the 314 some time ago. I think it was a gift to him from someone in the tobacco industry, or something like that, but in any case he was unable to get any more. I received a pouch of it from him, and grew to really enjoy it. "It's high time for some Pi time," became something of a mantra... (3.14 = Pi)
In any case, there seems apparently to some shroud of mystery around this blend. I heard through the grapevine that Lane Limited (where indeed, I found the 1Q to be quite nice) used to produce the 314 for Nat Sherman, but that now a German company makes it. I thought Mac Baren, since they seem to be known for their aromatics, but as of yet have not confirmed this.
I'd checked out the tobaccoreviews.com page previously and was surprised to find so many conflicting opinions! Unfortunately they do not give any information about how to acquire the 314 which is essentially my mission presently. What a curious grail...
Let me know if you hear any more. Thanks!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Give the Nat Sheman store in NYC a call to order more. I think my favorite that I've tried is their 510 Spuyten Duyvil blend. This thread reminds me I need to do it too...
-Jason

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
now a German company makes it. I thought Mac Baren, since they seem to be known for their aromatics, but as of yet have not confirmed this.
MacBaren is Danish, not German. Maybe Kohlhase, Kopp und Co. KG? They manufacture the Rattray blends now.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
OK Peeps. Amy, my Nat Sherman lady responded with an answer: "We do still have the #314 in stock and it’s one of our top sellers. We would be glad to ship him some. He can order it through me via email if he would like to. We do not divulge our blending info. "
Her email is ablair@natsherman.com
You can also call the number on their website, but Amy is very easy to deal with. Just tell her Clint from Texas sent ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.