AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center

Snakeseye

Might Stick Around
Aug 15, 2021
Israel
I'm sure you saw Ben's photo at the discord. Did he pick out that pipe for you?
I wanted to edit my comment saying I already found some photos, but I can't figure out how to edit or delete comments here haha.
I would post them but they aren't my photos so I don't want to use them.

Yes I saw Ben's photo, he indeed picked that pipe up for me! it was very very kind of him to do so.
I am a very very big fan of Mr. Skoda's work (and that's an understatement), and he is the main artisan I collect and I am always looking for more (when I have the budget).
we have some logistical issues for me to buy directly from Joe with where I am located, so sometimes I pick them up during shows virtually, with a little help from my friends :)
I am very excited about this one!

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
I wanted to edit my comment saying I already found some photos, but I can't figure out how to edit or delete comments here haha.
I would post them but they aren't my photos so I don't want to use them.

Yes I saw Ben's photo, he indeed picked that pipe up for me! it was very very kind of him to do so.
I am a very very big fan of Mr. Skoda's work (and that's an understatement), and he is the main artisan I collect and I am always looking for more (when I have the budget).
we have some logistical issues for me to buy directly from Joe with where I am located, so sometimes I pick them up during shows virtually, with a little help from my friends :)
I am very excited about this one!
Yeah Ben is so great. He mentioned he's only been doing it two years. I'm impressed with how quickly he built up his brand but I'm not surprised because he can seem to get anything and is always reachable.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan

Snakeseye

Might Stick Around
Aug 15, 2021
Israel

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
A really enjoyable pipe show, very well-attended. The club‘s officers and organizers were just super. I got to spend some pipe time with old friends and meet a few new ones, including AroEnglish.

It was nice to have a table as a home base. I sold about a dozen estate pipes I culled from my collection as I move towards more ebonite stems, but —ugh —came back home net pipe positive. I did pick up two cool marble pipe racks with leather sling holders by Brian Laurent (see photo) and some nice vintage tobacco (see original price tags, lol.) for those chilly WV evenings. The vintage tobacco selection exceeded what I recall seeing in Chicago this year.

i can’t wait til next year.

Attachments

• IMG_9012.jpeg
    IMG_9012.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9013.jpeg
    IMG_9013.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
A really enjoyable pipe show, very well-attended. The club‘s officers and organizers were just super. I got to spend some pipe time with old friends and meet a few new ones, including AroEnglish.

It was nice to have a table as a home base. I sold about a dozen estate pipes I culled from my collection as I move towards more ebonite stems, but —ugh —came back home net pipe positive. I did pick up two cool marble pipe racks with leather sling holders by Brian Laurent (see photo) and some nice vintage tobacco (see original price tags, lol.) for those chilly WV evenings. The vintage tobacco selection exceeded what I recall seeing in Chicago this year.

It was great to chat, Mike! I thought Mike's table was one of the best displays of the show. If you've seen his beautiful box displays that he has at his home, his table is a glimpse of that same order and beauty.

Like you, Mike, I can't wait for next year's show!

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan

Those pipes and racks look great together and it was wonderful being your roommate at the show. Hope we have tables together again at Chicago. Either way we’ll have a smoke together.

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
It was great to chat, Mike! I thought Mike's table was one of the best displays of the show. If you've seen his beautiful box displays that he has at his home, his table is a glimpse of that same order and beauty.

Like you, Mike, I can't wait for next year's show!
Thanks. From 40 years of exhibiting at antique fishing tackle shows I’ve found that a $4 yard of bright felt to cover your table and a few simple printed placards help buyers remember your table and sort things quickly.

Attachments

• IMG_9014.png
    IMG_9014.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
Thanks. From 40 years of exhibiting at antique fishing tackle shows I’ve found that a $4 yard of bright felt to cover your table and a few simple printed placards help buyers remember your table and sort things quickly.
Wow, that's true! But you have to also give yourself credit for the variety of displays on your table. Everything wasn't just uniformly laid out or all on the same kind of rack. You had the fish, you had boxes, you had a variety of stands, then you had some pipes laid out to fill in the rest. That visual variety I think is what primarily made your table memorable, but the yellow did help things to pop. It definitely makes me want to get a table next year but I have a hard time ponying up knowing that I could've bought a pipe with that money 😁