PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Ever since the FDA announced its new regulations,
My dog won't stop peeing in the carpet. Those BASTARDS!

ronnib

Lurker
Jun 15, 2015
I've heard and read a lot of commentary/scuttlebutt/rumors. and outright crazy lies concerning the "demise of the pipe hobby - RIP bros. Yes, the FDA will jerk a knot in our collective shorts, in some areas, but not the whole ball game. Apparently, any tobacco blends which were made from 2007 back will be viable in the future. All these new/recreated/resurrected blends will be history after 2018, I believe. That's the problem; what's the solution? Buy all the new stuff you can stand to purchase NOW and let the cutoff day slide on by. Do it Now!

Regarding pipemaking regs, who knows how that will play out. Today, there's nothing to fear. However if fear is someone's source of noradrenalin and paranoia, button up and sit in a corner while planning the next life choice. Until the Feds put something concrete in writing, I see no reason to hide from imaginary pieces of falling sky. I'm still planning on going to Columbus, and maybe even Vegas, funds allowing. Until I hear the vault door slam, I'll carry on in a disorderly manner. ronnib out.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
We had some legislation in Florida a couple of years ago that banned the sale of pipes(aimed at paraphernalia)...but it had a specific exemption for briar, meerschaum and corncob pipes...
The hysteria over this on the part of some pipemakers is ridiculous...Send letters, wait for the final rule, and figure out how to minimize the damage....At the moment, the sky is not falling...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If making pipes is made illegal, the news may not reach Sparta, N.C., for many, many years. I understand the mule trains to Washington, Mo., are also impeded by rising creeks and Indian raids for the next twenty years. Good folks, they just don't always get the word for some time. And Italy ... don't even ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.