PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
The weather sounds bad there Mick. Stay on your feet, and keep that pipe in your mouth. Maybe it will keep you warm. Stay safe my friend.

whiskeymick

Lurker
Dec 18, 2009
London UK
Thanks Mick. I don't remember a winter like this one since '62 when I was only 5 years old and '80/'81 when I was hauling livestock around in a Seddon Atkinson cattle truck. I don't mind it too much - I'm fine with driving on the white stuff and the parks in London look magnificent! Hope it lasts for a wee while yet. Good time to stay off the motorbike thou :) My dog LOVES the snow so I'll try not to go arse over apex when I'm out and about with him.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I remember reading a book about the Rolling Stones, who got started the band in the winter of 62. They they said they almost froze to death. The could have used some of Phil's Ozona Rasberry!! :)

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Somewhere in a box in the garage, I have a tin of Dr. Rumney's mentholated snuff from the 1980s. I used it sparingly, just by squeezing the tin smartly and placing a hinge by a nostril. Then, a quick sniff up the other, before my head exploded. I believe that tin is a lifetime supply. It's safely stored, just waiting until I can talk someone else into trying it!

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I tried my first can of snus today. I really like it. It will be nice to have when I can't smoke my pipe. For instance: Shopping with my wife. Long car trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.