PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushMan

Lurker
Jan 6, 2024
Hey so i wanted to introduce myself. I've developed a cool little set of machines I call the Chronic Mechtronic for drying your favorite plant materials. But since I'm living in Texas, whose prison system has attracted organizations like the international human rights watch, I've been testing it on tobacco. I actually wanted to grow tobacco also, and i'm glad i did because the experience is quite on par with marijuana. This has to be how the Tejano's felt back in the day!
The machine is pretty simple, the first one has a weight sensor and can use a thermoelectric device as a dehumidifier, but I've been just keeping the door open since I put the harvest in. I'm gonna update it with a fan later on. But the leaves weighed 400 grams, and now its at about 150 grams, so its almost time to close the door and turn on the TEC. Then, the second machine uses a vacuum chamber to get the leaves to a perfect humidity. The machine is in working order but i had some technical difficulties so i haven't really tested it out yet.
I wasn't really expecting the tobacco to turn out good, but the leaves smell really sweet and smokey. Now i just have to figure out the rest of the equation of getting the leaves into something I can smoke.

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 18

bobomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2023
Colombia
roberthunt.com
Welcome from Colombia. You've given me a great idea. I'm gonna try growing some tobacco down here on our little finca. That would be so cool to have my own private stash. Down here, I can grow anything year round. Thanks!

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Welcome brother! Cool machine you have there. I use to grow a few cannabis plants every year for the longest time. I was never really a smoker of it though, for it does not agree with my brain chemistry and I get extremely paranoid and freaked out, lol. It was fun to see how big the buds get though. I grew some real nice ones, and my weed smoking coworkers, friends and family loved the little packages I tossed them!

kushMan

Lurker
Jan 6, 2024
Welcome! Keeping the discussion on tobacco will be best around here.

If you want to step things up with flue-curing, you might get some ideas here: deluxestogie's Trash Can Cozy Flue-cure Chamber - https://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/deluxestogies-trash-can-cozy-flue-cure-chamber.1094/
Thanks for the link, I'm completely off grid though. I was going to build a solar dryer for my garden so I might be able to modify it for flue curing.
Welcome brother! Cool machine you have there. I use to grow a few cannabis plants every year for the longest time. I was never really a smoker of it though, for it does not agree with my brain chemistry and I get extremely paranoid and freaked out, lol. It was fun to see how big the buds get though. I grew some real nice ones, and my weed smoking coworkers, friends and family loved the little packages I tossed them!
I'm not really too big on smoking nowadays either, for the reason that I can't feel anything. I think i might've sucked all the juice out of me in my younger years. You could probably work through the paranoia if you tried everyday like I did (I don't really recommend it).
Welcome from Colombia. You've given me a great idea. I'm gonna try growing some tobacco down here on our little finca. That would be so cool to have my own private stash. Down here, I can grow anything year round. Thanks!
Finca is a new word for me. I'm growing mine on my hacienda ( I consider anything south of the Colorado River as mexico). I guess Finca is a rural estate and a Hacienda is closer to things. I don't really own my land though, I'm just developing it.

bobomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2023
Colombia
roberthunt.com
Finca is a new word for me. I'm growing mine on my hacienda ( I consider anything south of the Colorado River as mexico). I guess Finca is a rural estate and a Hacienda is closer to things. I don't really own my land though, I'm just developing it.
Finca is a word normally used in Spain and Colombia and usually means a small piece of land that may or may not have a house. Hacienda generally means a large estate with a big formal house.

Reactions: gervais

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
Welcome from London. I liked weed once upon a time, many, many moons ago. Tobacco is an infinitely superior product, stick with that I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.