PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
I also had several nic hits with Dunhill's EMP--in different pipes. It was not as bad as some blends but it was clearly a "hit" as opposed to a "buzz". Buzz and the Hit is my way of expressing a measure of how much the nicotene gets to me. I have decided that I am "nic sensitive" and have started noting who else at this forum is the same and watching what they like. Perhaps we should start a sub-group of nic-sensitive puffers.

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
The last time, (good couple of months ago) that I smoked this, I got hit with the Nicotine dizziness and almost vomitting. I actually like this blend but I am now afraid to smoke it. I will say that you probably should not smoke it on an empty stomach.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
I used my pipe that had the biggest bowl too and I was smoking for a good hour. I'm going to try it tonight with a smaller bowl and now that Iv had my steak. Haha

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Nic tolerances are so individually experienced I never trust anyone else's opinion on whether something packs an N punch until I've tried it. Like Al, I'm a nic wimp and hate getting a nic-over (like a hangover, but different drug). I usually smoke sitting down and never notice I'm getting hammered until I stand up, then its..."whoa!!".
8O

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
When I hear a blend is heavier in N, I'll pack a smaller bowl (half or less) and see how I react. Also, don't be afraid to put the pipe down for a bit when you notice it's more than you'd like.
I've only more recently discovered I don't have to avoid those blends, just handle with care.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I don't notice nic hits from any sort of pipe tobacco simply because I'm a cigarette smoker. If I wasn't a cigarette smoker I would probably not expect a nic hit from Dunhill EMP. It has a kick but I don't believe I'd get a nic hit. Maybe under your circumstances I would though.

Depends on your body's chemistry.

karlj

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Steger, IL
I've tried both a few times each. Neither ever quite agreed with me. I've gotten a little nausea to flat out sick and laying on the couch? I quit trying and gave the tins to my father in law, who enjoys them with no ill effect. I lean towards English blends and have smoked some I thought to be stronger than the dunhill. For whatever reason, early morning and nitecap are the only baccy to get me sick.

-Karl

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
I get a 'having to lay down sick' N hit from Dunhill Flake and just tried a full bowl of Gaslight and had the same reation. Just got the Gaslight and may rub out a couple of bowls to dry them a little and do half bowls. I do Orlik GS ok and no problem with the Frogs.
Toadshade

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I too was a cigarette smoker, gave that up and went to cigars and now to pipes. So far I can't say I have been affected by any of the blends I have tried so far, but not into VA flakes so that could change.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
if you were quite vigorous whilst washing the car you could have over puffed... but EMP is a bit more tame than the nightcap... both of which I enjoy.
@Chris: 1792 is a great smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.