Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
For our last Pipes Magazine Radio Show of 2020, we have something special, and full of Christmas cheer for you. We have a former pipe tobacco insider that was in the business most of his life. He has some great stories, and will also reveal previously secret information on one of the most well-known, and revered pipe tobacco blends … which is no longer being made, but you might be able to find on the secondary market. This is one of the best shows of the year. (Because of the extended interview, there will be no “Pipe Parts” segment.)

mystery-man-1536x1024.jpg

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Hopefully, Mike will return to the "airways" again. Mainly because you just can't get these kind of insights otherwise. Additionally, I would love to hear a little about Nutcracker Flake. To my memory, it was the finest Virginia Flake offering from McClelland, and that is saying something. If my memory serves, it filled the gap of the 1993 Christmas Cheer. And, maybe my second favorite, a ribbon, the first run of The Sophisticate. Probably a PCI blend in the beginning.

Mike S.

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
Very much enjoyed the "history of Christmas Cheer"! What a great idea to have him do this! But, of course, I still think that the multitudes of McClelland Tobacco fans should lobby the McNiel's to include this as a chapter in THE BOOK, which I hope they are working feverently on! Happy New Year everyone! Enjoy your pipes!

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I remember in the early days of the OPC (now NASPC) Swap, the McNeils used to provide the coffee and water at the show. Let me tell you, copious amounts of coffee were consumed!
he in the "techie" in the family. She researched it and found that it was British Woods from the LPI era. It seems the blend code was different for British Woods after Barry Levin's passing.
In a way, I feel totally responsible for the last 5 appearances of the McNeils on the show. After Mike appeared in his first episode, I e-mailed them, thanked him and encouraged more such appearances. I can only my e-mail was taken to heart! lol. No need to thank me. ; )

Mike S.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This was just a sensational show. Mike McNeil really had it going on in this interview. He wasn't wound as tight as usual and Brian did a great job of keeping him on track. Mike and Mary's contributions to the pipe hobby are almost too many to count. They are a quality couple. They do a tremendous job of sharing credit with everyone who helped them. And their charity work is more than appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.