PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
A few years ago my wife, who is a moderate cigarette and shisha smoker, also tried pipe smoking but did not stick to it. Start this week, to my surprise, she cleaned her pipes (she had her own from the beginning), asked me for some tobacco and started again! For most blends, we have a different taste, also about pipe shapes (albeit I managed to convince her of a nice Ascorti I don't smoke any more), but we share our love for Ennerdale!

Any other smokers here that are lucky enough to smoke a bowl with their spuse from time to time?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A few years ago my wife, who is a moderate cigarette and shisha smoker, also tried pipe smoking but did not stick to it. Start this week, to my surprise, she cleaned her pipes (she had her own from the beginning), asked me for some tobacco and started again! For most blends, we have a different taste, also about pipe shapes (albeit I managed to convince her of a nice Ascorti I don't smoke any more), but we share our love for Ennerdale!

Any other smokers here that are lucky enough to smoke a bowl with their spuse from time to time?
My wife has her own cellar.

My wife has went from being a tobacco Nazi to Having her own humidor full of flavored cigars. She prefers those Cherry Bomb, Eileen’s Dream, and Manilla Vanilla CAOs.
we smoke cigars together on the porch every Sunday evening.
I’m not sure if I would encourage pipes for her. I do not encourage anyone into pipes. Actually, in life, I openly discourage people When they ask me questions. It works better than you’d think to get more people interested. If you tell someone they just aren’t the type or sophisticated enough, they’ll climb trees and bend over backwards to prove you wrong.

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
I do not encourage anyone into pipes. Actually, in life, I openly discourage people When they ask me questions. It works better than you’d think to get more people interested. If you tell someone they just aren’t the type or sophisticated enough, they’ll climb trees and bend over backwards to prove you wrong.

Puppet master! ;)

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

Nope, my wife smokes cigarettes only. She has tried a few puffs and complained.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I count myself as extremely fortunate, my wife and I both love tobacco. I smoke both pipes and cigars (I tend towards cigars in summer and pipes in winter), and she mainly smokes cigars, and we both even roll our own, amateurly. But she smokes a pipe sometimes, and enjoys the VaPerBur blends a lot, like Jackknife and Oak Alley.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.

My wife(a smoker in her own right) tried pipes a few years ago,but the stem and button made her lips irritated,and she had to stop.