PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrick

Lurker
Apr 30, 2012
Wasaga Beach, Ontario Canada
Well I just purchased my second pipe today even thought my first pipe has not arrived. This one is an Ebay pipe, I know it is not generally advisable to purchase pipes from the bay when your new and inexperienced. But this pipe was cool to me. so for 40.00 I will role the dice and take my chances.
It was listed as a Briarcraft LL Bean smoke master. Althought the filter system was deisgned by Briarcraft this pipe was amde by Grabo after they bought the briarcraft design.
derrick_y-albums-uploads-picture67072-3.jpg

derrick_y-albums-uploads-picture67073-1.jpg

derrick_y-albums-uploads-picture67074-smokemaster-insert.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Welcome Derrick! Enjoy the new pipes...let us know how they work out for you. Always glad to have a new member and new pipe smoker. Enjoy every puff. :puffy:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome to the forum Derrick. That's how I determine if a pipe is right for me -Is it cool! Take your time and enjoy your new pipes. Nothing beats a relaxing smoke at the end of a long day.

derrick

Lurker
Apr 30, 2012
thanks guys, my first pipe the savinelli should be here today or tomorrow. Just in time for the weekend (I Hope).
I am 45 and was a product of the 80's. LL Bean was one of those brands for me that as a Canadian you just had to have but very few did. To go to school everyday with a LL Bean Backpack, a pair of the LL Bean Rubber Mocs, a copy of the catalog and Lisa Birnbach's Preppy Handbook kinda made you a big dog on campus.
I know i over paid for the LL Bean. I knew that before I clicked the "buy it now" button. But the brand just brought back to many good memories to pass up. So if I over paid by 15.00 or 20.00 I can live with that. Just means I skip stabuck's for a day or two.
3-600x450.jpg

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
But the brand just brought back to many good memories to pass up. So if I over paid by 15.00 or 20.00 I can live with that. Just means I skip stabuck's for a day or two.

Then it was worth every penny! Welcome to the forum :D

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Sure someone else might not agree with the price,but what you are willing to pay for a pipe often reflects how you feel about it. So you may spend a few bucks more than it "is worth," but if you didn't, you'd still be kicking yourself in the ass thinking about that pipe all day everyday. We've all done it :puffy:
Congratulations though!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I finally downloaded a picture of my LL Bean. I ordered this from the LL Bean catalog sometime in the klate 1970's along with a pound of one of their blends

derrick

Lurker
Apr 30, 2012
Well my 4noggins order did not arrive again today. Not feeling so lucky for the weekend smoke at this point. I am convinced our mail carrier does not like to work Fridays. Seems odd that we never get anything delivered on a Friday.

derrick

Lurker
Apr 30, 2012
My starter kit arrived today and I am a little disappointed in the pipe. There were two kits available 1 at 34.00 with a Medico pipe and 1 at 50.00 with a Savinelli pipe. I chose the 50.00 one as I wanted the Savinelli pipe. The pipe that arrived looks like no Savinelli morino that I have seen on any sites on the internet. Does not say Savinelli anywhere on it, only has the word "taly" stamped into it.
96529d1336156501-pipe-day-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336156499.656034.jpg

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hope you enjoy pipe smoking man!

I went all out and bought a good chunk of pipes and the only regret I have is the crappy no name I got off of eBay.

Never looked into LL Bean.

Status
Not open for further replies.