Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
That grain is fantastic. Good find! She’s a beaut!
The shape always intrigues me, although that Birdseye is worth getting almost no matter what pipe it’s on.

The 320KS strikes me like a churchwarden, as something best used sitting down, when you don’t mind holding the pipe in hand for the entire bowl.
In my experience I’d say your assessment is correct. The 320KS is not super-comfortable to clench in my opinion, but it more than makes up for it if you have time to just sit and enjoy a bowl. The stummel shape is one that feels like it was made for your hand to wrap around.

Reactions: danimalia and STP
Jun 23, 2019
My IPSD purchase arrived just in time to do a grand reveal. I have always appreciated the Savinelli Chubby Author shape (320 KS). Finally managed to get one. Most of my pipes were bought used, but for a change I bought this new. Will start to break this in from evening

1. It is from the Giubileo D’Oro Range, with a smooth natural finish. Giubileo D’Oro in Italian is translated to Golden Jubilee in English
2. Comes in a beautiful box with a matching tamper
3. Beautiful birds eye ? on both sides. One side the grain is slightly better than the other side.
4. Cross grain everywhere else
View attachment 67089View attachment 67090View attachment 67091View attachment 67092View attachment 67093View attachment 67094

Just realized this is a pretty old thread but CONGRATS! Gorgeous birdseye and crossgrain there, I'm hunting for something very similar but wondering if I should wait 5 more years for their 150th Anni specials! ?

Maybe I get a rusticated one in the meantime to hold me over...