PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
I am kind of proud that my idea worked so well. Ok here it is. To make two ounces...

1/2 ounce Burly (no bite)

3/8 ounce virginia bright leaf

blend together and season with Jack Daniels old no. 7

add 1/8 ounce perique

1 ounce of latikia
stove together, allow to dry to nice smoking moister.

enjoy a nice big bowl full of East Texas Blend.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
MMmmm... I might try it but replace the burly with Turkish, and maybe use some red VA's as well.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
You really can't taste the Jack Daniels very much its over powered by the perique and the Latikia, but it makes a really nice room note upon touching with a match. It smells very much like a smokehouse for BBQ meat. It tastes like a creamy sweet but some what spicey smoke.
I may add some VA red next time, but I'm not going with the Turkish at all. I want something that will absorb the whiskey well and allow it to carry in the room with out adulterating it. I was hopeing to tasted it more but with that much Lat and perky I doubt you would be able to get that flavor to pop at all.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
I have a jar I keep with a mix of all my leftovers. The last "less the a bowl left in a tin". I put in some Jim Bean and sealed it up for a month or so and the flavor came through pretty well, not as strong as the jar note, but it did work well once sealed up for a while. I put alot though (in my opinion) about 2 teaspoons for 3 ounces. But I let it dry pretty well before I sealed it up.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
Cool, even heavily latikia and perique blends? cause I'll give that a go too.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
I don't know... I don't really smoke anything perique, but it's mostly heavy latakia blends in that jar.

Some aromatics as well... but mostly stuff like pirate kake, balkan sasieni, american heritage, and some Frog morton for the softer side as well. Plus smaller amounts of lots of other lat blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.