PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
In this thread I asked about what type of Virginias you guys would recommend. I got Rattray's HAL O' THE WYND and Orlick Golden Sliced.
I really, really like the HOTW. It's got a bold Virginia flavor, kind of spicy, and to me a very decent Nic hit. The nic hit doesn't develop though for me, until I'm getting on a ways into the bowl. But it's just epic.
The OGS, it's very mild tasting. But still very Virginia, but with some spice. It too seems to have noticable nic to it, but not like HOTW.
Anway, I just wanted to thank you all for the input and to share my brief experience with the bacs I ordered. They came in just this past Thursday.

puffin

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2010
I've never tried Hal O' the Wynd, but I really...really, really want to! Orlick Golden Sliced is one of my absolute favorites. It is very Virginia, but also mild. I can pick up on the spice, but for the most part, the hay and light cirtus flavors predominate. This makes it a moderately mild, through thoroughly satisfying smoke. I'm very glad you are enjoying your purchases!

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
HOTW is worth it man. I've been smoking it since I opened it. To be honest, I only today this afternoon got to smoke OGS, because I've been all about the HOTW.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I have always heard that Old Gownie is HOTW's little brother..... a milder version.

Status
Not open for further replies.