PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
At a minimum they should give length, bowl height and diameter. Bowl or chamber depth is good too. Smokingpipes gives it all to you and there's no second guesses.Pipes and Cigars gives no info on pipe size either.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Ya know, I've ordered from Cup O' Joes several times and haven't noticed a problem... I can't tell

Ya right now exactly what I got from them, but it was the best deal at the time.

I think Ya just have to shop around....

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
@colcolt - Actually, at P&C, on each pipes individual page, they do at least list pipe length and bowl depth. On some of the more expensive pipes, they give other dimensions as well.

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
I think some of you are being hard on cup o' joes. I've purchased from them a few times with no issues.
Their red "you save" prices confuse me too though... and their site (and pricing, but I don't know their situation... so its tough to judge)
I'll usually buy from whoever has more of what I want IN STOCK. I hate having to make 2 orders to get the TAD order that I want because then I'm just paying more in shipping. I'll gladly pay a few more bucks if they have everything in stock. Sometimes they are more expensive, yes. They're one of the smaller shops that do a lot of online business, in a different league than p&c or smokingpipes... IMO
Shop around, as usual.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
strave, I do the same thing in regards to filling an order. If I cannot fill it all at one place, I will see if I can fill it at another taking into account shipping and total price.
My beef is when a place knowingly gouges on hard to finds. I saw it for years in the cigar world. Opus X, Anejo's, Don Carlos, Padron Anny's were all impossible to find at one point, certain retailers when they had them, jacked up the price knowing people would pay it. Well look at them now, not a one of those cigars is hard to find anymore and many of the retailers that did gouge are gone as well. To me it is about respecting your customer, not trying to ring every last penny from them.

May 8, 2012
I respect the business, but gotta say I've been nearly duped many times. My feeling is that I am saving nothing! The price I pay is either agreeable, or not.

russ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2012
My issue with them is no free shipping. Hell the more you spend, the HIGHER the shipping. Buy $25 worth of tobacco, shipping is $5.99 buy a pipe over $100.00 it's $11.99 for shipping. Its ridiculous.

will

Might Stick Around
Jul 8, 2012
I tend to shop around and frequent more than a few online shops.

I seem to do most of my ordering from Smokingpipes though, but when ordering bulk from time to time I forget to put in the quantity and last time I did it my cart came to over 39 thousand dollars.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
My issue with them is no free shipping. Hell the more you spend, the HIGHER the shipping. Buy $25 worth of tobacco, shipping is $5.99 buy a pipe over $100.00 it's $11.99 for shipping. Its ridiculous.
That is one of the main reasons I prefer SmokingPipes. Their shipping is free on all orders over 95.00 within the CUS.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I like Cup O' Joes. I've ordered pipes and tobacco's from them. I don't like the white square's i the pipe pics though. It's hard to tell exactly how tall a pipe is. I do like the way smokingpipes.com gives their maesurements in there description and, I've bought pipes and tobacco's from them as well. I'm not bashing Cup O' Joes (not saying anyone else is either). Just some constructive criticism.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I normally order over a hundred so I get free shipping most of the time. The few times I have ordered from places that do not give it free, the most I have paid is 6.95. I mostly order from P&C, smokingpipes and 4 noggins. Those three offer free over a hundred and they generally have whatever I am looking for. Plus all three have great customer service which is important to me.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I normally order over a hundred so I get free shipping most of the time. The few times I have ordered from places that do not give it free, the most I have paid is 6.95. I mostly order from P&C, smokingpipes and 4 noggins. Those three offer free over a hundred and they generally have whatever I am looking for. Plus all three have great customer service which is important to me
+1
I really don't order from CofJ for this reason.
I'll have a TAD order in mind, maybe be ready for a pipe, want some accessories, then the goal is to find everything at one place, with the right pipe, and that's always over $100.
Been a while since i ordered anything, though. Trying to hold out until Christmas now.

Status
Not open for further replies.