PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I do like my Savinelli. The last pipe I bought, not long ago, was a Sav. I traded in a few pipes at SP for store credit and went through a deliberative process of selecting what pipe to get with the proceeds. I had a list down to about four -- a bone-stem Ropp, a Nording with a military mount, and one or two others, and ended up getting a Sav Pannoccia, carved in a corncob pattern, a 601 bent billiard with a bright yellow stem and thin green band, in the corn motif. Savinelli are factory pipes, but good ones -- I've never been disappointed. They smoke equally well with the balsa filter, without it, or with an adaptor, depending on ones preference with each pipe. They're durable, last, smoke well over time, maintain a good appearance with moderate upkeep, and offer a lot at any price level. This one claimed a MSRP of $200, marked down to 120, and cost me about $47 and shipping with store credit. I have a 601 churchwarden and a Venere I won as a prize in the long ago cartoon caption contest sponsored by pipes magazine and SP, among a number of other Savnellis and Rossis.