PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I'd like proof that Italian vendors are selling these at $100 less. His pipes have really taken off this past year and are becoming difficult to acquire. I talked with Skip from The Briary yesterday and along with the Pipkins, they are his new favorite pipe maker.

Pm sent

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I couldn't resist this one.
regina-600x447.jpg

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
Smoking wise, so far so good. As I suspected though the images on The Briary site are much too reddish and warm to properly show what the pipes look like, a seemingly common occurrence with pipe photos. Regardless of that it's still a strikingly beautiful pipe with sublime grain.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
That may be labeled a "Dublin" but it looks like a hybrid Dublin/Zulu with the slight forward cant. Regardless it is sweetness to behold. Good for you.

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
I don't know if all the Regina pipes have this feature but the sweet little cutty I got has a novel, to me, shank/stem interface. There is a narrow stainless tube pressed firmly into the shank. The tube is long enough to nicely fit into a narrow bore on the stem. Both the shank and the stem ends are flat faced. Thus at one shot this arrangement strengthens both the shank and stem with no downside that I can detect. Both the shank and the stem are much thicker and more robust than they would be with a conventional setup. It seems an elegant solution for a small pipe with a shank only slightly more than a quarter of an inch in diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.