PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Awesome. The 309 is a shape I'd like to get at some point. The straight walls are so appealing. The 313s are cool too, but I prefer a bit more chamber.
I haven’t seen a 313 in person but indeed it seems quite smaller.

This 309 is the largest pipe I own, but it’s quite nice to have one on the bigger side, it’s like a seat back and relax “house pipe” size.

Ps: I know this would be like a mini toy pipe for chasingembers ?

Last edited:

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I haven’t seen a 313 in person but indeed it seems quite smaller.

This 309 is the largest pipe I own, but it’s quite nice to have one on the bigger side, it’s like a seat back and relax “house pipe” size.

Ps: I know this would be like a mini toy pipe for chasingembers ?
I also wouldn't mind getting a House or Pub pipe for similar reasons. Even shags and ribbons will stay smoldering forever in some of those big ass pipes.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I also wouldn't mind getting a House or Pub pipe for similar reasons. Even shags and ribbons will stay smoldering forever in some of those big ass pipes.
Pub pipe is awesome and basically dirt cheap. House pipes are basically the same size but I think higher grade briar. The funny thing is that they say the house pipes are bigger but when you compare the specs on SP they’re the same essentially.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Now, that is a great find! Congratulations on a good score!

I really wish Peterson would bring back the 309 / 4s. I got a System 309 back in the early 90s that was one of my favorite bar pipes. Before the smoking bans in Illinois and Michigan, it was my go to St. Patirick’s day pub crawl companion.