Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Early last week I asked Mark Tinsky to make me a pipe inspired by one of Peter Heeschen's, and Mark happily obliged.

He conjured up this stunning 3-star beauty, which is currently on a truck somewhere between me and Montana.

This is my 2nd Tinsky, as I purchased a size 5 dark coral bent apple from him late last year. This is my very first smooth pipe, as I generally prefer rustic/blasts, but Mark does such great work with grain/stain/finish that I had to add one to my small rotation. I have a milestone birthday this month, and that was all the excuse I needed to put a pipe-sized dent in my savings.

Thanks for looking!

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 11.45.12 AM.png
Tinsky_bottomPNG.png

Jun 23, 2019
Early last week I asked Mark Tinsky to make me a pipe inspired by one of Peter Heeschen's, and Mark happily obliged.

He conjured up this stunning 3-star beauty, which is currently on a truck somewhere between me and Montana.

This is my 2nd Tinsky, as I purchased a size 5 dark coral bent apple from him late last year. This is my very first smooth pipe, as I generally prefer rustic/blasts, but Mark does such great work with grain/stain/finish that I had to add one to my small rotation. I have a milestone birthday this month, and that was all the excuse I needed to put a pipe-sized dent in my savings.

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 101035
View attachment 101036

I'm a fan of Mark's work too. His stems are especially comfortable

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
I love Mark's pipes. Top notch smokers for a reasonable price.

Absolutely. Whenever I get fixated on some Savinelli Punto Oro for $300+ or something like that, I quickly realize I can get a better pipe for less/same money from Mark.

In this case I was eyeing a couple Peter Heeschen estate pipes, but even the pre-smoked ones were quite pricey, and come with vulcanite stems which I don't prefer.

I appreciate Mark's cycling background too. I turn 40 this year so I'm slowing down, but over the past 10 years I've been very into bicycles. From racing cyclocross, mountain biking, fixed gear bikes and alley cats, long road rides, to bike camping, and even bike polo. I live in the East Bay here in California, and we have so much good cycling nearby. That being said, I've never done anything like Mark's famous ride from New Jersey to Alaska ?, or his tour of Europe.

Anyhow, huge thanks to Mark, and I'll be keeping an eye out for an actual Peter Heeschen pipe in the future, as he seems to have been a wonderful man by all reports.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Absolutely. Whenever I get fixated on some Savinelli Punto Oro for $300+ or something like that, I quickly realize I can get a better pipe for less/same money from Mark.

In this case I was eyeing a couple Peter Heeschen estate pipes, but even the pre-smoked ones were quite pricey, and come with vulcanite stems which I don't prefer.

I appreciate Mark's cycling background too. I turn 40 this year so I'm slowing down, but over the past 10 years I've been very into bicycles. From racing cyclocross, mountain biking, fixed gear bikes and alley cats, long road rides, to bike camping, and even bike polo. I live in the East Bay here in California, and we have so much good cycling nearby. That being said, I've never done anything like Mark's famous ride from New Jersey to Alaska ?, or his tour of Europe.

Anyhow, huge thanks to Mark, and I'll be keeping an eye out for an actual Peter Heeschen pipe in the future, as he seems to have been a wonderful man by all reports.
I didn't know Mark was into cycling. It’d be cool to see a cycling inspired pipe, whether it’s in the shape or even just in the finish.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
I didn't know Mark was into cycling. It’d be cool to see a cycling inspired pipe, whether it’s in the shape or even just in the finish.

I had him make the chamber circular, just like a bicycle wheel. And since a bicycle has a stem, I made sure he incorporated a stem into the pipe design as well. :ROFLMAO: ;)