PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckahoe

Lurker
Feb 1, 2012
I picked this one up Sunday from Tim West on Ebay. It was just something about it that caught my eye and I had to have it. It arrived yesterday and I'd have to say it's nicer than the pictures (which I borrowed from the auction) show. I fired it up tonight with some Black Bayou Mist that was part of my TAD acquisitions for this month. I'd tried the BBM in my Barling Monday when it arrived and found it pretty good, smoky and spicy but not overly strong. In this pipe was still smoky and spicy but the smoke was mellowed more. It was quite good and the pipe is a very good smoker. With it's big bowl and large chamber I wonder if it will be better for the latakia blends. Time will tell I guess.

frederickgpipe.jpg

frederickgpipe2.jpg

frederickgpipe3.jpg

frederickgpipe4.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Unique shape and great colors and grain. I really like that stem. Congrats I hope you have many enjoyable smokes with it.

tuckahoe

Lurker
Feb 1, 2012
Normally I'm a traditional kind of guy when it comes to pipe shapes but this one just grabbed me and pulled me in. I think the stem really sets it off. I showed it to my wife before I bid and she was like it's ok. After it came and she saw it in person I almost lost it but thankfully she prefers a pipe with a small bowl. Dodged that bullet by the skin of my nose. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.