PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
kgrhqeokpge25g6c1qbn2ht-qesw0_12.jpg

Finally got myself a meer. African meer probably is not as good of quality as Turkish.. but this one I had to have! I have a few Kiko meer lined pipes that I use a lot and enjoy the way they all smoke.
Unsmoked :)

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
That's a great looking Prince...! This shape is a hard-to-find one in the Meerschaum community. Yes, there are differences in the character of smoking experience between African Block and Turkish Block. I like both and smoke both. What are the dimensions of your Pipe?

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Nice looking pipe...what is the difference between African and Turkish meer?

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
16cm long, chamber is 1.8cm, thats me using a ruler stick.. number 25 is stamped on the under shank. and on the box. That might be the shape number? Made in Tanganyika. For the difference of African vs. Turkish meer, I'll leave that to Fred for an expert answer. But generaly I think that African meer is more compact than turkish, thus not the same breathing effect. Then again, that could be all wrong, You'll need to ask the expert here.
Thanks for the comments!

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
That's a beauty, bully! I'm just getting into the meer experience myself, and must say that it really is a smoke like no other. Congrats! :clap:

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Jaybird writes, "Nice looking pipe...what is the difference between African and Turkish meer?" Here's a good place to start for this information...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meerschaum

After you read the entry, scroll down to the external link at the bottom of the page, where you will find the first article I wrote for Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.