PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
oh one little question. Where can one get some of the more exotic Falcon bowls and stems. I would love to get one or two additional pieces for my falcon. Those twisted stems look great to me and another bowl would be great.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
oh one little question. Where can one get some of the more exotic Falcon bowls and stems. I would love to get one or two additional pieces for my falcon. Those twisted stems look great to me and another bowl would be great.
I thought they were a site sponsor, but do not see a link to the left anymore.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The current bowls offered by Falcon and other places seem to be Meerschaum lined briar bowls. The all-Meerschaum bowls exist in plenty, I believe. I have seen them in quantity from time to time, but they seem to be a specialty item right now. I don't think I'll get into extra bowls since I already have so many pipes, including a Meerschaum, but offer this as an observation.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
not interested in the Meer bowls. They're nice but. Some of the weirder shapes or more uncommon including the cob sounds great. Oh as far as when I feel like a filter I don't use rings I take part of a cotton ball and fluff the stuff up and put that in the dome. It really works way better and losses less flavor.

Reactions: BROBS

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
I'm new here (hello, everyone!). I had a Falcon years ago, but lost the bowl when we moved, and then I quit pipe puffing for 17 years (the birth of a child will often bring that about). Anyway, when I took up the hobby again, I was doing the cob pipe gig (and still a fine gig!), but I recently bought a new bowl for the stem I already had - a meerschaum-lined rusticated "Hyperbole" bowl. I've yet to fire it up, but hope to do so tomorrow. Falcons can really be very fine pipes, but they are a decidedly acquired aesthetic taste.

Reactions: BROBS and Bengel

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
marlinspike, good for you for keeping track of the Falcon stem and outfitting it with a new bowl. So many people quit and start all over years later.

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
marlinspike, good for you for keeping track of the Falcon stem and outfitting it with a new bowl. So many people quit and start all over years later.
Oh yeah, I still had my old brass Zippo lighter, several boxes of perfectly good cleaners, and my 3-in-one pipe tool, too! My wife called it my "box of shame". She ain't none too happy I've taken up the old vice again, so I tend to puff when I get an evening or late afternoon to myself, now.

Reactions: BROBS

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
I got past the looks quickly, once experiencing how well they smoke. Now, I've come to appreciate the way form follows function and find them very interesting to look at.

IMHO, the Meer bowls are the best and the 'curved' (not bent) stems are the most comfortable. I wish they'd make a Shillelagh with a curved mouthpiece -- alas.

IMG_4071.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.