PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I went outside to smoke my pipe a few minutes ago and wandered over to the mailbox to check the mail. My neighbor was on his front porch and yelled across the yard, "Hey, do you smoke a pipe too?" I met him at the corner of the house and we talked for a few minutes about the tobacco we were smoking. We even buy tobacco from the same shop in town. I thought that it was quite a neat coincidence to have a neighbor that smokes a pipe, probably the only other guy in town my age that shares the same hobby. I'll have to introduce him to this forum so he can get on board.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Buck,

That is just cool.

Now you need a fence to shoot the S#$% across.

My neighbor smokes Swisher Sweets, and we frequently lean on our respective sides and swap War Stories on fine hot Alabama afternoons. Life is good.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I don't know why Lawrence but your comment made me think of "To Kill A Mockingbird"... :)
It is really neat that you neighbor also smokes a pipe! You might have just met a lifelong friend!

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
^^^ same here ernest, I wish I had neighbors that smoked a pipe.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
None of my neighbors smoke a pipe but I noticed a co-worker puffing on a corncob. His technique seems to be filling the pipe as much as possible and then puffing like crazy on it. I asked him if his tongue doesn't get burned to a crisp but he said "You get used to it". :D

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Cortez, he offered me a sample of his tobacco last night but I didn't have time. I told him I was smoking Captain Black and he said he has never tried it so you are correct in what you say. Looks like we will be swapping tobacco soon.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Maybe if pipe smoking does make a comeback via sites like this one, we'll have more stories like this to share. I've got a neighbour who smokes cigs... maybe I'll work on him.
Simon

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
Awesome Buck. I've got no pipe smoking neighbors. But like Lawrence stated I have a neighbor that I'll shoot the S%%T with over the fence but usually wit ha can of beer.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I had a nice surprise at deer camp last weekend. A friend of mine has taken up pipe smoking also. Now there's two of us smoking pipes around the camp fire. He's trying to quit cigarettes and this is helping him out.

patiobum

Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
I had a nice surprise at deer camp last weekend. A friend of mine has taken up pipe smoking also. Now there's two of us smoking pipes around the camp fire. He's trying to quit cigarettes and this is helping him out.
Camp fires and Latakia, a match !!

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
There are few things in this fast-paced world that will bring two gentlemen together like a pipe. Complete strangers have approached me for pleasant conversation for no other reason than I was puffing on one of my pipes. I guess the time and effort that go into learning all the little nuances create a sense of solidarity among us. This is very good and I am pleased to have you and your neighbor in the family.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
It's a rare event these days to find a neighbor who smokes tobacco

in a Pipe. Good for you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.