PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
She was antiquing and bought this Dr. Grabow “Regal” diamond shank bent bulldog. I have not cleaned it and the pics are just as I got it.
P1010603.jpg

P1010605.jpg

P1010608.jpg

Thanks Mom!

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
Lucky dog!!

that shares a position as my favorite shape, tied with the author--

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
I've got a favorite Brigham that looks almost identical to that one. Nice find, nicer mom!
Simon

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Thanks guys. Two interesting side notes:
1. My mother does not approve of my pipe smoking but says she’ll keep looking for more because she knows I like them.

2. This one had a price tag of $2.00 but she haggled it down to half the price. :D

jar15a1

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
Does she know much about pipes or just randomly pick them up for you? Looks like a great score.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
@ jar15a1
She knows nothing about pipes other than "you're gonna get mouth cancer smoking those things", and as you can see that's not much. Just a lucky find and a great mom.
@ Kevin
If she brought one home he better be good and for good ... and very generous to his new step son. :lol:

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
Nice pipe. Back in the day, a person could get lucky and find a Grabow like the one you have with decent grain. Nice find and great mom.
Dr. Grabow's current line up of pipes aren't so hot looking these days. Their current Royalton line is about the best they have right now, and it don't hold a candle to yours. Get a shine on that thing and the grain will pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.