PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Would you mind sharing who the pipe makers are? I think this is a creative and touching tribute to your brother.

My father always kept a pharmacist nutcracker on display in his office as he collected Steinbach nutcrackers and was a pharmacist. I have followed suit as a tribute to him with a chef nutcracker from my previous journey of 18 years and another nutcracker for my current profession.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd document the assemblage in writing, giving a brief bio of your brother, giving information on the pipes and the artisans, and dates and details on everything, and file one copy and attach another to the bottom of the rack, or otherwise out of sight. This is quite a family heirloom, and you don't want it overlooked, misunderstood, or dismantled. Tell your family about it, its meaning, its value, and provenance. That's a fine tribute. I like the quote, death ends a life but not a relationship.

Valliantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
Maryland
Would you mind sharing who the pipe makers are? I think this is a creative and touching tribute to your brother.

My father always kept a pharmacist nutcracker on display in his office as he collected Steinbach nutcrackers and was a pharmacist. I have followed suit as a tribute to him with a chef nutcracker from my previous journey of 18 years and another nutcracker for my current profession.
I love that! The pipes left to right are Larrysson( Paul L. Hubartt ) Mike Butera, Dirk Heinemann, Yiannos Kokkinos, Daniel Mustran Nd pipes,

I love that tribute.
The pipe makers left to right are
Larrysson, Butera,Dirk Heinemann, Yiannos Kokkinos, Daniel Mustran of Nd pipes, Marek Cikl, Noel Ebling, and the top right pipe is a special pipe gifted to me by two wonderful Italian pipemakers Leopipe and Florindo Formichetti. It is a special tribute pipe to my brotherwith his initials engraved on the bottom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2

Valliantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
Maryland
I love that! The pipes left to right are Larrysson( Paul L. Hubartt ) Mike Butera, Dirk Heinemann, Yiannos Kokkinos, Daniel Mustran Nd pipes,

I love that tribute.
The pipe makers left to right are
Larrysson, Butera,Dirk Heinemann, Yiannos Kokkinos, Daniel Mustran of Nd pipes, Marek Cikl, Noel Ebling, and the top right pipe is a special pipe gifted to me by two wonderful Italian pipemakers Leopipe and Florindo Formichetti. It is a special tribute pipe to my brotherwith his initials engraved on the bottom
I also have pictures of my brother with each of the pipemakers and I have personally met Yiannos Kokkinos and Marek Cikl

Valliantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
Maryland
I'd document the assemblage in writing, giving a brief bio of your brother, giving information on the pipes and the artisans, and dates and details on everything, and file one copy and attach another to the bottom of the rack, or otherwise out of sight. This is quite a family heirloom, and you don't want it overlooked, misunderstood, or dismantled. Tell your family about it, its meaning, its value, and provenance. That's a fine tribute. I like the quote, death ends a life but not a relationship.
Those are beautiful words and very true. That is an excellent idea to document everything and put it by the pipe rack. There are many stories of fun times and friendships forged that go along with it. I have tributes with funny and touching stories from some of the pipe makers represented here and also Yves Backstoner whom my brother knew for many years. My brother bought Yves first pipe, unfortunately it is not in family hands.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
I am so happy to have finally completed my memorial set of pipes and custom rack for my brother. My brother had personally met each of the pipe makers represented hereView attachment 187866
Very nice tribute to a Great guy!
Val was one of a kind and I had a few great dealings with him.
I miss him and I enjoy the pipes that I purchased from him.

Valliantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
Maryland
Very nice tribute to a Great guy!
Val was one of a kind and I had a few great dealings with him.
I miss him and I enjoy the pipes that I purchased from him
I am happy to hear you are enjoying the pipes you got from him. I know it was very important to him that people were pleased with their purchase.

• Love
Reactions: Latakia Dave