PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
The pipe is quite light, but I am using it to get used to not always clenching. I read often, and as I smoke, and clenching has been the norm. With this pipe I have focused on just holding it and as it is a great burning pipe I have also tried to smoke even slower than has become my norm. The bore on the bole is .75" x 1.75" and the shank is 3 7/8". I looked at a number of longer Lumbermen pipes but like the flow of the Canadian better. I may invest is some longer lumbermen at some point. The majority of my pipes are bents and I am quite happy with them, I just like the design of these Canadian pipes. I am really quite taken with it.

Thanks for the link, Peck.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
IMG_0282_zpsodxdpewo.jpg

This is a Savinelli Canadian from the Tortuga line; over six inches long. The bit is a tortoise shell translucent material. I too just had to have a Canadian shape.

I've added a couple of Escudo Navy DeLuxe roll cuts.

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
After waiting for a year and a half for them to become available again I snagged a Ropp Extra Canadian. If they come around again I'll get one or two more. It may be just coincidental to the design, which is 7.5" long, but it is an astoundingly good smoker.
ropp-extra-canadian.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
The Canadian is my favourite shape. At the moment I believe I have nine of them in my pipe cabinet. I'm always on the lookout for another one or two to add to my collection. :puffy:

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
I only have 2 Canadians in my rotation. One I got at an estate sale it just says Canadian on top of the shank and imported Algerian briar on the bottom of the shank. the bit is marked on the underside with a circle around a C.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
snowyowl, welcome to the forum. I love those tortoise look stems that Savinelli is making. Great looking pipe.
Darwin, that is a grabber! When you see them again, after you snag yours, pm me. Really.
MSO said they use a larger block of briar, and he is exactly right, but that just adds to the attraction for me. In my opinion, the longer lengths on the shank is where the design really comes into its own.

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
"When you see them again, after you snag yours, pm me."
Will do. Could be a good while. I expect blocks long enough to make these don't come along very often. Got mine from SP and I check Ebay occasionally but I've yet to see one on there.

calabashed

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2015
I love Canadians, plus long shanks in general but especially Canadians and variants. Just picked up this awesome piece from Boswell's in PA, with smooth shank and rustic bowl done in Dan Boswell's "weathered stone" finish. Absolutely love this thing, around 7.5 inches but still fine for clenching I think, hence the softy bit.
DHGR0fU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.