PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Okay well I bought a few pipes in the last few days on ebay and I thought you guys might like to see them...

The first is called a Seville Gemini I have never heard of this brand but I did get a little info from the Pipephil.eu website. It looks like it will clean up nice.

The second pipe is listed as a Mystery "Stanwell", but I am not for sure, I will find out when it gets here.

The Third is a No Name Bent Bulldog that has blurry photos, but I thought I would take a chance and see if it ends up being a gem!
(The name of the pipe is the link to the ebay page)
And last but not least (I bought this one at Pipesandcigars.com...
IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

This is my new Peterson ARAN Pipe - 999...

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Very nice! What does the wife think of your PAD? I know my girlfriend gets pissed lol.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
The 999 is a very popular shape in Peterson's line-up. Congratulations on all four pipes.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I fell in love with the ARAN-80s (bent bulldog, square shank) first but they didn't have it in stock so I went with my second choice! I still love this one though!
edited because I can't spell!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
OK Guys,

Don't laugh too much.

I dipped my toe in the Ebay for the first time and drew back this Dr. Graybow White Poker, for the princely sum of $6.00 plus shipping, which is more than the pipe... :)
MyFirstEbayWin.jpg

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I have that same pipe, only it is not painted white! These two (yours and mine) are the only smooth pokers I have seen from Dr. Graybow before, usually they are sandblasted!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks guys, I know it's no 5C Cavicchi with perfect grain, but it will be fun none the less.

I bid on it for a couple of reasons, first to see the reality of Ebay, as opposed to the "bidding process" described in the site "how to's" and second I really wanted a colored pipe, and a poker. So, this was the best of both worlds.

The other 2 bidders, I think ran out of time because of the way I bid. I bid up by 4 "increments" plus 50 cents. The last 3 bids were within the last 30 seconds. One of them tied with me, but I put my "max" bid in very late last night.

:)

In other words I got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.