PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
She's a beaut'. I too am infatuated with birdseye. to the creative types, there are endless faces and patterns in birdseye. Very nice looking pipe brother. Keep it up.

Aug 14, 2012
Very nice work. I like it just as it is. An original shape and the extra briar will cool the smoke. Well done.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks Gents! I thought this thread was dead and buried! Looks like you been digging deep Jim! I still have not smoked that pipe.Actually I have three pipes I've made that I've never smoked.One I cracked the shank when fitting the stem and it will be sent off to Time West along with an old Mastercraft for banding. One is a hockey stick looking octagon panel.I made the stem for it and when I went to buff it I melted one of the edges.Maybe someday I'll make another stem- or maybe send it with those other two to Mr. West.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Ed,

Check out that web site i gave you.

I had an idea of buy just stems off of ebay

and using the stem to guide me in shape of the pipes.

Anyway, I always admired people who have natural talent.

Joe

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I think it looks amazing! great job and I look forward to seeing some more!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks smeigs! I started another one,a canadian right after this one was finished. I got side tracked making tampers and restoring pipes and have never gotten back to it.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
The talented never cease to amaze me. All I can do is buy em clean em and smoke em. nice nice pipe.... :clap:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks Dog and Sinister! I have pics of some I've made on flickr-- http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastredx/sets/

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
How did I miss this post? ejames - that's a beaut - nice work!
Just checked out your flickr stream. This one is really cool too - what grain you've captured there:
6078330407_8b592ae283.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
numbersix--that pipe was made from Mulberry. I smoke that pipe regularly and it has darkened up a lot. One of these days I intend to make another Mulberry.
Wolfie--I do most of my rustication with dental burs in a Dremel.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
I like the square shaft. It is a very nice pipe. good job sir, keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.