PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I treated myself to a "new" estate pipe to commemorate Independence Day (like I needed an excuse to buy one). Picked up a beautiful Savinelli Oscar Lucite 111 KS on ebay. I had been watching this pipe, but had a church function that I had to attend the evening the auction was over. Got back home to the laptop with 22 seconds left on the auction. Couldn't even find my reading glasses, but somehow hit the right keys in just the nick of time. I'm sure I pissed somebody off, but after receiving this, I'm damned glad that I won it. Very, very happy with it. Just finished sterilizing it, so I probably won't smoke it until tomorrow evening.
sav1-600x518.jpg

sav2-600x506.jpg

sav3-600x525.jpg

sav4-504x600.jpg

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
Beautiful pipe! I hope she smokes well for you.
Here is what I picked up to celebrate Independence Day. Aside from the GL Pease these are all first-time purchases to try out.
1x tin of Butera Royal Vintage: Blended Flake 50g

1x tin of Butera Royal Vintage: Golden Cake 50g

1x tin of Peterson Irish Oak 50g

1x tin of GL Pease Union Square 8oz

1x tin of Astley's No. 99 Royal Tudor 50g

1x tin of Astley's No. 55 Elizabethan 50g

1x tin of Astley's No. 2 Mixture 50g

2x tins of Rattray's Red Rapparee 50g

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired 1lb Box. S&P had that sale on. That will get me up to about 5lbs for future smoking...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really like that line of Savenelli, and yours is a fine example. I own one, a prince, and though it is not

technically in the Oscar line, another is similar, an unfinished billiard panel. If you love Savenelli, but don't

care for filter pipes, look at these, Oscar Lucites. Both smokingpipes.com and Cup O Joes have a good

inventory, as do other online retail places. Though I already own a Sav 404 zulu, I wouldn't mind it in the

Oscar Lucite light stain with a bright stem.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Nice score Ranger! I have a Savinelli Oscar Elite which looks very similar.
It's a little heavy for clenching but a nice smoker. Enjoy! :puffy:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Ranger:
I didn't know sic'em about Savinelli burners until I started hanging out around here a few years ago. I now own six and three of them bumped a few damned fine pipes out of my weekly rotation.
Yours is just swell.
Fnord

agedpuffer

Lurker
Jul 6, 2014
Good morning; really a good buy. I own the same model, balsa filter with triangular section, bowl shaped, copper-colour mouthpiece. A gift from my parents in the middle of the '80s, it still works perfectly. I recommend a medium cut tobacco. Ehm, this is my first post on the forum; please excuse my english: usually i speak and write italian :oops:

andya27

Jun 15, 2014
Really like the stem on the Oscar Lucite. One of these is on the short list for my next purchase.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I am finally initiating this pipe into my rotation. Enjoying a bowl of Peterson Luxury Blend. I'm liking everything about this pipe. Aside from the beautiful grain and the stunning stem, it is perfectly balanced, an ideal size for my grip, and even in this 95 degree heat, it is uncommonly cool smoking. What a pleasant ending to a Monday. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.