PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Raised right I see.?
I looked for some cinder blocks so we could take the tires off, but couldn't find any that small, lol.
Where is the coon dog underneath it???
20210629_191622.jpg
Does this wee beastie count? He's my smoking buddy. Every time I come out to have a pipe, he wants to stand in my lap and sniff my 'baccer. ?? crazy dog ?.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
That's a fine beagle mix or something, brimming with hybrid vigor. Blow some smoke his way.
That's Odie, or as my granddaughter says it, "Oh Dee".

I agree, he looks a lot like a beagle, but we were told he's a mini-mastiff, which I've never heard of, and dachshund mix.

He'll be two this fall. He's about 15 lbs and 10 -12 inches at the shoulders, but he's a real lover!

When ever I go outside, he's right there, and he really does love standing in my lap and sniffing my tobacco and pipe. Quite a nuisance at times, but I can't refuse the mutual affection.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Red Neck is the new Hillbilly. Both disparage.

Now, trailer trash is something entirely different. ??
I was 10 when we moved from Alabama to California. One kid just couldn't help himself, and insisted on calling me 'Okie'. No matter how many times I kicked his ass, he just wouldn't or couldn't learn.

So, I'm ok with 'redneck' and know that hillbillies are from Arkansas. :ROFLMAO:;)

• Haha
Reactions: timelord
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I was 10 when we moved from Alabama to California. One kid just couldn't help himself, and insisted on calling me 'Okie'. No matter how many times I kicked his ass, he just wouldn't or couldn't learn.

So, I'm ok with 'redneck' and know that hillbillies are from Arkansas. :ROFLMAO:;)
Yes, they’re from Arkansas.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Red Neck is the new Hillbilly. Both disparage.

Now, trailer trash is something entirely different. ??
what I find funny is that around here there is a hierarchy of who's a bigger redneck. Like no matter how small and rural a town is they'll tell you where the really rednecks come from. Like you might think we're that but the people in town x are really that. It's not funny ha ha it's funny crap in a barrel type way. Like the people who should know better from personal experience sometimes end up being the worst about it.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Not really and no more than hill Billy.
It was popular to discribe white working class with tanned neck, like a farmers tan.

Hill people were not necessarily ignorant or bigots.

people made $ off a created stereotype

Reactions: Derby

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Dachshunds are remarkably smart and really take charge of their owners without question, so Odie probably has a sharp intellect.

Status
Not open for further replies.