PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I don't worry. I smoke a big bowl of whatever right before bed. The Mrs is usually asleep and it ensures I can go to sleep without interruptions.

zyrcon

Lurker
Jan 17, 2013
Has anyone ever tried Biotene? It's kind of pricey ($12-$15) I bought bought a small bottle and it is seems more gentle than the generic Listerine I get at Wally World. Don't know if it's worth the extra $ though.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Biotene has been discussed more that a few times over the last couple of years.

But for me, staying hydrated will do more to stave off "Dragon's Breath" (Note the Nordic reference. :D ) than all of the after smoke treatments. I'm not saying that aren't helpful... but, an 16 ounce glass of prevention is equal to a pound of cure.

:puffy:

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Because of the oxidizing properties of the rinse. It has two chemicals in it. 1. hydrogen peroxide and 2. pentasodium tirphosphate.
Wow! Can u spell t o n g u e b u r n ? :)

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
If I want to get laid I forgoe the retro-hale. I retro-hale constantly. For me when I don't blow smoke out my nose a good floss, scrub, rinse is good enough. Retro-haling seems to have a lingering affect on bad breath. If you think about it you sinuses can't be thouroughly cleaned with a toothbrush, floss, or mouthwash. So the tobacco smell is constantly regenerating.
Abstinence is a cure too... If I hold out for a week, it wouldn't matter if I was a yellow bellied turd. She turns on me like a thirsty vampire. Problem solved!

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I find myself brushing my teeth about twice as much as before I began the hobby. I now carry tic tacs on me most of the time.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
1. Brush. +1 on the SoniCare - great toothbrush.

2. Rinse. Currently using Biotene, after reading about it here.

3. Wash face - I have a beard, and the smoke goes stale after a while.

4. Pop an Altoid. 2 if I've been smoking Black House. :D
If I'm going out in public after a smoke, I'll usually shower instead of just washing my face, and if I've been using my nose, I'll grab the neti pot and rinse my sinuses. What can I say? Never liked the smell of stale smoke...

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I usually brush after a smoke because I don't like the taste that's left. (I brush after coffee too)
The only thing she complains about is the lingering pipe smell in my beard. According to her Fabreeze needs to make a product specifically for bearded pipe smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.