PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

domd

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
First off I was interested in this to begin with just based the photos that I saw of it on the net. It has a great appearance. I really like that its in plug form. The tin aroma is a little smoky, also little like watered down ketchup and has a good tobacco scent. I crumbled it (it crumbled so nicely) and put it on a sheet of small paper which is my normal style and let it air out for a couple hours.
(I don't really time when I let it dry out I just kinda set it aside and get to it when I get to it. I'd say like 2 hours though.)
Not much flavor for me on the charring light but It lit well and stayed lit. After a couple puffs of which I could taste a little of my pipes personal flavor which is like burntish VA's. Then jack knife pulled in and it was like a ketchupy tobacco flavor. Also a little smokeyness to it kinda like the smoky meatish taste people keep saying in other reviews. I'd say in my limited experience it was a tad powerful presence which I enjoy.
The after taste left me with an classic tobacco flavor almost like a good cigar. Overall I'm really impressed with this blend. This is my first GL blend in a while. Its got an old school vibe to it and Its nice to be able to prepare it how you'd like to. Just gotta go get more!
-DOMD

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
DAMN YOU DOMD, damn you for having found some Jack Knife! I've been waiting since the day it arrived...

But really, the good reviews continue to roll in, and I simply cannot wait to get my hands on a tin of this.

domd

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
My local Tinder Box ordered it for me it took a week. They also ordered a couple tins with my order and I have to go to see if there's any more left.

Status
Not open for further replies.